I love scallops and bacon, so I decided to combine them for an epic dish! Many people ask how do I make sure they are both cooked all the way since they both have different cook times. This is simple and you will learn how in the description below that has detailed step by step instructions. It’s effortless and you will be surprised. I made a very simple brown sugar and ginger seasoning mix to top the scallops once they got placed on the cast iron that enhanced the flavors tremendously! Also, I will provide an optional spicy dipping sauce you can make. I hope you enjoy the recipe and get to making this is the near future.
- 1 lb Scallops
- 10 strips Hickory Bacon
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Dried ginger
Spicy Mayo Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- Lime Zest
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1/2 cup Chili Siracha
- Light one full Charcoal Chimney
- Place Cast Iron over direct heat and get skillet to 400 temp min, don’t go more than 500 for this first step.
- Dry Scallops with a paper towel.
- Get bacon out and place all ten strips on the skillet once it’s 400-450 degrees on the surface.
- Cook one side 4-5 mins, depending on the heat zones of the skillet.
- Flip and cook the other side 1-2 mins and pull. You do not want to cook the bacon all the way through and make sure it’s not crisp.
- Wrap Scallops In bacon. Also, make sure toothpicks have been soaked for 30-45 mins so they don’t burn.
- Add coals if necessary and get skillet surface to 450-500 degrees, possibly hotter.
- Place scallops on and sear 1-2 mins or as needed depending on surface temp.
- Once scallops have been placed season with the brown sugar/ginger seasoning mix. A nice sprinkle will work.
- Flip scallops and repeat seasoning.
- Sear for 1-2 mins, or as needed and pull.
- Serve immediately and enjoy them with family and friends!