This is the only method I use for my NY Strip steaks! It involves butter, garlic, thyme & onion on a smoking hot cast iron! It doesn’t get much better than this!
Butter Basted New York Strip
- 2 Angus NY Strip
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Avacado Oil
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- Fresh Thyme
- 1/4 Onion
- Get coals nice and hot (500-600 degrees). A full charcoal chimney will do the trick.
- Pat dry the steaks and let sit for 30 mins (room temp).
- Rub the steaks with a little Avocado Oil
- Season generously, both sides.
- Once the coals are ready and the cast iron is ripping hot place the strips fat side down (this is the side of the steaks). 2 mins.
- After two mins place steaks flat down for 4-5 mins. Do not touch them!
- After the 4-5 mins, flip them on the other side.
- Add butter, garlic, thyme & onion.
- After a few mins start to baste the steaks in the butter. Do this until your 125 internal temperature.
- Pull the steaks and let rest 10-15 mins.
- During the resting period, pour butter on steaks from the pan... Massive flavor bomb!
- Slice, serve & enjoy!
EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS RECIPE
For more beef recipes, click the link below!