Chipotle Chili Coffee dry rub may sound unusual but I promise this combo will add tremendous flavor to your steak. Today, I decided to get myself two massive bone-in ribeyes that I’m going to apply the dry rub to for a delicious family dinner. I used chipotle chilli powder and ground espresso for this recipe, mixed with some other seasonings to balance the flavors. This will elevate it to a whole new level. Let’s jump into the recipe now!
Chipotle Chili Coffee Bone-in Ribeyes
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander
- 2 tbsp Espresso grounds
- Make sure you have your bone-in ribeyes sitting out at room temperature for 30 mins. This is after they have thawed and you have taken them out of the fridge.
- Use a paper towel and dry the steaks completely. Remove as much moisture as possible.
- During the 30 mins of the steak coming to room temperature combine all the ingredients for your Chipotle Chili Coffee Rub. Mix with your finger until it's nicely blended.
- Use a tablespoon of avocado oil for each ribeye and coat it. Now you want to season all sides generously. Let the steak sit with this seasoning for a minimum of 30 mins.
- Set up your equipment for grilling, here I am using my charcoal kettle. I am going to set it up for indirect and a temperature of 250 degrees.
- Now that my temp has set I am going to place my ribeyes on the indirect side with the bone closest to the heat source.
- Monitor your temp to stay between 250-275 degrees and check your internal temperature of the steak after 20 mins. You want the internal temperature to be 110 degrees before you pull it.
- Once your steak hits 110 internal temperature, pull it and place it on a cooling rack. During this time you are going to open all the vents all the way (or leaver your hood up) and get the coals blazing hot. This should only take 5-6 mins.
- Directly sear your steak for 1 min and 30 seconds per side. 1-2 mins on the fat cap.
- Pull the steaks and add 1-2 tablespoons of butter, per steak, and cover with foil. Let it rest for 8-10 mins.
- Remove the bone and slice to your preference and enjoy!
Items Used in this Recipe
For more beef recipes, click the link below!