Adding a tablespoon of compound butter on top of your steak during resting can take your homemade steak to another level and give it the restaurant-quality flavor. I made Filets today and wanted to share my Mushroom Butter recipe so your next experience can be elevated. This butter recipe is good for ribeye, porterhouse, filets and many more. So it’s worth making and properly storing it for a later date.
Filets With a Mushroom Compound Butter
- 3-4 Filets Trimmed
- Salt and Pepper Use desired amount
- 1 Block Softened Butter 8 oz
- 1/2 Cup Parsley Chopped
- 3/4 Cup Diced Baby Bella mushrooms Grilled
- 3-4 tbsp Black pepper
- Prep all ingredients for compound Mushroom Butter. Dice Baby Bella Mushrooms and (about 6-8 ounces) and add to a medium-high heat pan. I used my stovetop for convenience. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter. Once you add the mushrooms salt them. You want to cook down till they turn translucent, about 6-8 mins.
- During this time make sure you have an 8-ounce block of unsalted butter softened., room temp. Now you combine all ingredients, parsley, pepper and mushrooms. Mix well and then place in plastic wrap or parchment paper and roll to form your stick of butter. Refrigerate for 45 mins.
- Have your tenderloin sitting out at room temp and trim. After you remove all excess fat and silver skin remove the ends and concentrate on the inner thicker tenderloin. Cut 2” thick slices and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Set your smoker for indirect 250 degrees. Place the filets on the indirect side and bring to an internal temp of 110 degrees.
- Once your temp hits remove and open all vents to get your charcoal blazing hot. Add a cast-iron above coals (or as best as you can) and get the skillet to a surface temp of 500-550 degrees. Add olive oil and sear for 1 min and 20 seconds per side. Or an internal temp of 128 degrees.
- Pull steaks and rest for 10 mins. During resting have your butter handy and cut 1 tablespoon slices and top the filets and let melt into the meat.
- Enjoy your meal with family and friends.
EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS RECIPE
For more beef recipes, click the link below!