These Honey & Soy drum legs are one of my favorite recipes to date! The flavors complement one another and with a nice 4-hour marinade ever bite will be mouth-watering. You can also use it for any chicken bbq, which I highly recommend. The only thing I suggest is the larger size of the meat the longer you marinade to allow the marinade to have time to penetrate deeply into the meat.
Honey Soy Marinated Drum Legs
- 6 Drum Legs
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Smoked Hickory & Honey Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Bbq sauce
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Soy
- 2 tbsp Smoked Rub
- Toasted sesame seeds & scallions For garnish
- Score your drum legs to allow the marinade to penetrate deeply within the meat.
- Add olive oil in a mixing bowl and season with Smoked Hickory & Honey Sea Salt.
- Combine ingredients for the marinade, pour 2/3 of it on drum legs and place in the fridge for 4 hours. Save the other 1/3 for glaze at the end.
- Thirty prior to pulling the chicken out of the fridge begin to set up your smoker for indirect and temp of 250-275.
- I used my drum rack (link down below) for this cook.
- Start your smoke 30-45 mins. Keep an eye on the cook for temps and check every 5 mins after 25 min mark.
- Prep your garnish.
- Remove drum legs at an internal 165-170ish and plate, garnish and serve.
- Enjoy with friends and family!