When it comes to my three favorite cuts of beef (Ribeye, NY Strip & Filet) a compound butter can elevate the experience. For these delicious strips, I made my Parmesan Fall Steak Butter. I made my butter an hour before I began to season my steaks. I do this so after I form my butter log I am able to place it in the fridge for one hour to harden. From here I can simply cut me a few tablespoons off to top my steaks. Let’s jump into the directions and ingredients.
New York Strip With a Compound Butter
- 1 Block Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Crushed peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Chopped Chives
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- Place 1 block of unsalted butter in room temp area for two hours
- Once the block of butter is room temp and soft, add all ingredients (mentioned above)
- Combine well and then set plastic wrap out on a flat surface.
- Layout the combined compound butter and form a 1" thick log, evenly across.
- Once the log is formed place it in the fridge for one hour.
- Make sure the butter has been sitting out for 20ish mins before adding to steaks during resting time.
- The most important step is to enjoy!
EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS RECIPE
For more beef recipes, click the link below!