I am a huge fan of wings, not only because I love chicken, but because of the variety of ways you can prepare them. Here I present to you one of the best chicken wing recipes I’ve ever made “Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings”. The best part about this recipe is that all the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store, or you already have them in your home. Let’s jump into this fantastic dish.
Lemon Pepper Wings
- 16 Whole chicken wings
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Black peppercorns Crushed
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander
Lemon Pepper Sauce
- 4 tbsp Melted Butter Unsalted
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Thyme Chopped
- 1 tsp Black peppercorns Crushed
- Get your whole wings out of the fridge and bring them to room temp. About 30 mins and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Separate your wings into flats and drums. Watch the video on my IG or YT to see the process.
- Place all of your flats and drums into a large mixing bowl. At this time you can start your charcoal and begin to set your cooking temp at 400 degrees.
- Now prep all your dry rub ingredients and mix them together. Add olive oil to the wings and mix until the wings are coated nicely. Now mix in the dry rub little by little. Try to spread it across the bowl so it's not clumped in one area.
- Let your chicken wings sit for 30 mins, or until your temp is set on your charcoal kettle grill. I like to set my grill up for indirect grilling. This means I am going to keep my hot coals banked on the opposite side of my chicken.
- Now that your temp has arrived, place all the chicken on and make sure they are not sitting directly over the hot coals.
- Close your lid and let them go for about 30 mins. Make sure you’re checking your temp as well, by checking every 10-15 mins. After 30 mins, flip your drums and flats. This will provide a more even cook on the chicken.
- After another 25-30 mins check your temperature on the chicken. I like to check the drums because they’re thicker and will give me a better understanding of how much longer I’ll need to grill.
- When your wings reach an internal temp of 150 degrees it’s time to make your lemon pepper sauce.
- Melt the butter in a microwave and then add all the other ingredients into a mixing bowl, Whisk together.
- Pull the drums/flats at an internal of 170ish and place them in a mixing bowl. Add your lemon pepper sauce and toss those beauties until they are nicely coated.
- Plate and garnish with some parsley and enjoy!
Products Used in this Video