Lamb is the most consumed protein on the planet, at 168 tons a year. Whenever I host and have guests over to the house my wife and I always agree to serve lamb. It has always been a success and one of my main recipes is Garlic and Herb Loin Lamb Chops. The hardest part about it is prepping the fresh ingredients and then waiting during the 4-hour marinade. TRUST ME, make this recipe and you will find yourself hosting and serving lamb chops more often.
Garlic N Herb Marinated Loin Lamb Chops
- 2 tbsp Fresh oregano Rough Chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Rosemary Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme
- 5 cloves Garlic Rough chopped
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Dry mint
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Prep all of your ingredients for your marinade mentioned above.
- Have your lamb loin chops patted dry with a paper towel and place them in a sealable container, a 1-gallon zip lock bag does great for this.
- Combine all of your marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour into the same container you have the lamb loin chops.
- Seal airtight, if possible, and place back in the fridge for 4 hours (minimum).
- When the time expires, get your lamb loin chops out and bring to room temp and wipe them off a bit.
- Get your charcoal kettle grill ready by having a whole chimney of charcoal lit and active. We are going nice and hot with this cook.
- Once the charcoal has activated, typically ten mins after you dump the coals out from the chimney, you place your loin chops directly over the hot coals on the grill grate. Sear for one min, rotate 90 degrees, sear another one minute and then flip. Repeat this process on the other side. You are four minutes in and now you want to stand the loins up on their bottom (The bone side) for an additional 1-2 mins.
- Sear the remaining sides for 45 seconds and then pull them and rest.
- Garnish and serve! This will be a nice medium-rare lamb loin chop.
Items Used In This Recipe
For more lamb recipes, click the link below!