Tacos are always a huge hit at my house. I like to use skirt steak (outside or inside skirt) because it’s a wonderful cut of beef that when it’s treated properly it’s tender and full of flavor.. Plus, it takes a total of 5-6 mins to cook over some hot coals. This time I am going to roast some peppers and veggies for an amazing sauce to top my taco’s. This recipe is a must-try!
Steak Tacos With a Roasted Pepper Sauce
- 1-2 Inside skirt steaks
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Red onion Chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup Cotija crumble cheese
Roasted Pepper Sauce
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Serrano peppers
- 2 Hungarian peppers
- 4 oz Pineapple
- 2/3 Yellow onion
- 1 Romaine tomato
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 Whole lime Juiced
- 2 Whole avocados
- 1-2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tsp Cumin
- Place your skirt steak out and bring it to room temperature. Season with kosher salt, to your preference.
- Prep all of your roasted pepper ingredients and have them ready to hit the grill over direct heat. Also, make your Avocado paste and place it in the fridge till you are ready.
- Light a whole chimney of charcoal and let it all get activated, 15 minutes. Spread the coals along the bottom of your kettle grill and make an even bed of hot coals. Add all of your veggies, peppers and pineapple. Monitor them because they all will roast at different times.
- Once they all get a nice black char on the outside remove them from the grill. Scrape off all of the outside char. You can even remove the seeds from the peppers to tone down the heat.
- Add all the ingredients (listed above) into a blender and blend for a min or two. You are looking for a nice consistency.
- Now bank your coals to one side and create a sear zone. Sear your skirt steaks for 2-2 ½ mins per side and remove for resting about 5 mins. This is a good time to toast your tortillas. Now cut your skirt steak into sections and then turn 90 degrees to cut against the grain. Cube your steak.
- Build your taco, avocado paste, steak, roasted pepper sauce, red onions, cilantro, cotija cheese. Enjoy and I hope you love the recipe.
EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS RECIPE
For more Beef recipes, check out the link below!