Chili Garlic Butter Shrimp just might be one of the simplest recipes you will ever make! It’s ready within 15 mins and it will leave your taste buds wanting more. They are good for an appetizer or a light lunch, shoot who am I kidding they are good for any time of the day! Let’s get to the recipe!
Chili Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1-2 lbs U-16 shrimp
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Ancho chili powder
- 2-3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Diced Hatch Chili Peppers
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp Red Pepper flakes
- ½ cup Chopped parsley
- Peel your shrimp and devein them. Place the shrimp into a larger mixing bowl and then add the olive oil. Hand mix and then add the seasoning mixture as follows, Salt, Pepper, Smoked Paprika and Ancho Chili. Now hand toss and then place a cover over the bowl and start your grill.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium heat or a bed of hot coals and let it sit for 10 mins. Add avocado oil and then place your shrimp in. Cook for 2 mins and then flip, do not over cook the shrimp. Pay attention to if they are curling a lot. Remove all of the shrimp after 4-5 total minutes of cooking on the cast iron and sit to the side.
- Add butter, Hatch Chili Peppers and then the garlic. Mix for a minute then add the Lemon juice and red pepper flakes, mix for another minute.
- Place the shrimp into the cast iron with the butter juice and mix.
- Remove the shrimp and plate, make sure to pour the garlic butter over the shrimp and then top with parsley. You can even add some more lemon juice if you want.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends!
Items Used In This Recipe
Did you like this Chili garlic butter shrimp recipe? To check out my other seafood recipes, click the link below!
Is shrimp healthy?
Yes! Shrimp is pretty high in protein, has healthy fats and other vitamins and minerals! In a 3oz (85 gram) serving, there are only 84 calories and 18 grams of protein!
Can you eat shrimp raw?
It is not recommended to eat shrimp raw due to food poisoning concerns. It's a very lean and healthy seafood, but do not eat it raw.
What goes good with shrimp tacos?
Whether that's something you put on them or as a side, there are many options! On the tacos, you can put guacamole, elote, salsa or just plain if you like! For sides, you can't go wrong with chips and queso/ guacamole!
Is shrimp healthier than beef or chicken?
While shrimp has considerably less fat than beef and a pretty decent amount of fat less than chicken it is higher in cholesterol than beef or chicken. Shrimp has 179 milligrams of cholesterol compared to 75 milligrams of a comparable serving of beef or chicken. Cholesterol is used in the body but too much of it can increase LDL cholesterol which is not good. This is not medical advice nor a recommendation to eat or not eat certain foods. Before making changes to your diet, contact a medical professional.