I could eat Chorizo every day of the week, it’s just amazing! What makes it better is when it’s cooking over sizzling hot coals and then it’s loaded with cheese and Pico De Gallo. I want to share my recipe so you can experience this awesome meal at home too. Let’s get to it!
Chorizo Skewers Loaded With Cheese and Pico De Gallo
- Pork Chorizo
- Pork Sausage with Tarragon & Shallots
- 1½ cups Oaxaca cheese
Pico De Gallo
- 5 Roma tomatoes cored and diced
- 1 cup Red onion diced
- 1 Jalapeño seeded and diced
- ½ Lime zest
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Start off by preparing all of your ingredients for your Pico De Gallo. Once you have your ingredients prepped, get a medium-sized mixing bowl and add the ingredients in this order: Roma tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, jalapeño, honey, salt and pepper. Make sure to mix well and place in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour before using.
- Shred your Oaxaca cheese and set it to the side.
- Get your bbq fired up and get your Chorizo and Sausage on the Brazilian fork skewers and place them over direct heat.
- Make sure you rotate every 60-90 seconds. This is a hands-on cook and it’s important to pay attention to hot spots and flare-ups.
- Once your internal temp reaches 155 degrees place the cheese evenly on top of your chorizo/sausages. Let it melt and then spread the Pico De Gallo on top of the cheese.
- After a few mins, you can remove and serve.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Did you enjoy these Chorizo skewers? You’ll love my other pork recipes in the link below!
Items Used in This Recipe