Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. It’s when I consume the most food and honestly, I enjoy it more. I wanted to have some fun and make something my family has never had! It had to be something that combined all of our favorites into one large burrito. Here is my recipe for a Bacon Wrapped Burrito with homemade guac and fire-roasted salsa.
Bacon Wrapped Breakfast Burrito
- 12" Tortillas
- ½ lb Hash browns I used the frozen one from the grocery
- 1 cup Shredded jack cheese
- 1 link Pork chorizo
- 1 link Italian sausage
- 2 Eggs
- 6 Strips of center cut bacon
- 3 Avacados
- ½ cup Chopped cilantro
- 1 whole Roma tomato cored and diced
- 1 Lime juiced
- ⅓ Red onion diced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Olive oil this is optional
- 1 tsp Garlic powder or 2 cloves minced
Fire Roasted Salsa
- 4 whole Roasted tomatoes
- ½ bunch Cilantro
- 4 oz Can of green chilis
- 1 Chipotle and 1 teaspoon adobo from can
- 1 Jalapeno roasted
- 3 tbsp Green onion
- 2-3 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- Start off by firing your griddle up (or charcoal bbq) and get your tomatoes and jalapeño down for roasting. Roast until they have a good blistering and then remove and place in zip lock bags for 5 mins. Shake the bag and remove the blistered skin.
- In a food processor add the tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, green chilis, chipotle and adobo, green onion, avocado oil and salt. Blend until it is how you like your salsa. Place in the fridge.
- Now make your homemade guac. Add all the ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and then use a fork to mash it all together. Place In the fridge.
- At this time create two zones on your griddle. Far right is your medium heat zone and the far left is turned off to keep your food warm.
- Place your sausage link and chorizo link on the medium heat zone and cook until 165 internal temp. Place it on the low zone to keep warm.
- Place the hash browns on the medium heat zone and cook for a few mins and then toss them. Salt and pepper the hash browns and once they are looking about done add two eggs and mix together. Cook for another 2 mins and slide it over to your low zone to keep warm.
- Slice your sausage and chorizo into 1/4” thick sections and place the tortillas on the medium heat zone. Toast for 2 mins and flip, cook another 1-2 mins and remove to place on your burrito station.
- Add the hash browns in the center and place the sausage and chorizo on both sides. Add the fire roasted salsa and jack cheese. Roll it up tight and have 6 strips of bacon ready.
- Place the burrito on one side of the bacon and roll it tightly, it is important to not have much overlap of the bacon, so once it does take a knife and cut the extra bacon off.
- Once wrapped in the bacon, place on the medium heat zone and grill for 2 mins. You are going to roll the burrito and cook for 2 mins until the whole surface is crisp.
- Remove and add the homemade guac on top.
- Slice and serve! Enjoy with family and friends!
Did you enjoy this Bacon wrapped breakfast burrito? You’ll love my other pork recipes in the link below!
Items used in this recipe