I love a good Reuben Sandwich and I wanted to take it up a notch for an elevated experience. I did a little change by adding a pound and a half of ground chuck and made a burger Pattie. Don’t worry, it turned out Absolutely Money and I can’t wait to share the recipe with you, let’s get into it!
Grilled Reuben Sandwich
- 1½ pounds Ground chuck
- 1 pound Corned Beef
- 1 cup Sauerkraut
- 1 cup Swiss cheese
- 1-2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 loaf Sourdough bread
- 1 jar Your favorite thousand island
- 1 jar Your favorite brown mustard
- Start off by prepping your corn beef. I used deli corn beef and just cut it into mini cubes. Once cut, I made sure to have all of my ingredients prepped and ready.
- In a large mixing bowl add your ground chuck, corn beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, fennel seeds, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix by hand until it’s mixed to your preference.
- Form large 1/3-1/2 pound patties and place in the fridge for 30-45 mins.
- Prep your grilling station by getting some active coals down and then place a flat top griddle over it. Add a tablespoon of avocado oil and 1-2 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Let it melt.
- Place your patties down, it’s important to not overcrowd your griddle, maybe 2-3 patties at a time. Let them cook on a medium surface (350ish) for 6-8 mins per side. Make sure you have a great crust and then flip. Repeat and remove the burgers to a resting rack.
- Add the sourdough bread to the griddle top and immediately sauce both buns with your brown mustard and add the patty and then top with a thousand island dressing. Let the buns toast and then assemble.
- Place on the serving plates and enjoy with Family and Friends!
Did you enjoy this Grilled Reuben sandwich recipe?Youll love my other beef recipes in the link below!
Items Used in This Recipe