Smoked Fatties are just awesome, but what makes them even more amazing is what you stuff them with! I try to keep the stuffings simple but packed with flavor and I absolutely nailed it with this combo. Let’s jump into the recipe!
Smoked Fatty Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 lb Ground Italian sausage
- 8 oz Cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 3-4 tbsp Terrapin Ridge Farms Hot Pepper Bacon Jam 20% off now at https://terrapinridge.com !
- 2 tbsp Your favorite pork rub
- 2 Sunny side up eggs
- Texas toast
- Start off by placing 1 pound of Italian sausage on your cutting board (make sure to have parchment paper on top of the cutting board) and placing parchment paper on top, from here make sure to roll out flat and evenly.
- Pick an edge and then add the cream cheese, monterey jack cheese and the Hot Pepper Bacon Jam. From here, use the bottom parchment paper to roll your smoked fatty, the most important part is to keep all of your stuffings inside and have an even cylinder shape.
- Set your smoke up at 275 degrees and place the smoked fatty on, add some applewood chunks for an amazing enhanced smokey flavor. Make sure to season your smoked fatty with your favorite pork rub on all sides.
- At the 45 min mark check the internal temp, at 165 degrees remove the smoked fatty. Rest for 6-8 mins. During the resting period, toast the Texas toast bread and get your eggs on a medium heat skillet.
- Once the bread is ready, slice the smoked fatty into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Time to assemble your sandwich. On your toasted bread add the Hot Pepper Bacon Jam on the top and bottom buns, Two sections of the smoked fatty and the sunny side up egg.
- Make as many sandwiches as you desire.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
Get the Hot Pepper Bacon Jam at https://terrapinridge.com 20% off now!