As a food lover, you know that there’s nothing like a juicy ham to get your taste buds going. This recipe for pineapple bourbon-glazed ham is perfect for any celebration or holiday feast. The sweet and spicy glaze pairs perfectly with the salty ham, and will have your guests coming back for seconds! So let’s break out the smokers!
Christmas is coming SOON and if you are like my family, Ham is on the menu. I typically buy a raw, green, ham but this year I have been pressed for time and went with a procured ham from the local store. This is perfectly okay because I made sure it was not glazed and I could still apply my tasty touch to it. Okay, let’s jump into the recipe!
Pineapple Bourbon Glazed Ham
- 1 Procured ham (6-8 lbs)
- 4 tbsp Mustard as a binder
- 1 tbsp Your favorite pork seasoning. (per pound of ham)
Pineapple Bourbon Glaze
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Pineapple passion fruit jam
- ¼ cup Spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- Start off by getting your procured ham out of the package and drying it off. Now score the ham in a crosshatch technique (or diamond pattern) and then apply the mustard as a binder. Season generously with your favorite pork seasoning.
- Once seasoned, let it sit for about 20-30 mins. During this time, fire up your smoker and set the temp at 300-325 with applewood chunks for some smoke.
- Place the ham on the smoke standing straight up and add a drip pan underneath with 3 cups of water.
- When the ham reaches an internal temp of 125 degrees, begin to make your glaze.
- In a cold saucepan add in brown sugar, bourbon, spicy brown mustard, pineapple jam and water. Now mix well until you have a smooth consistency. Place on a stove or induction stove at medium heat and simmer for 6-8 mins. Once simmered, keep it on low heat until it's time to glaze the ham.
- When the ham reaches an internal temp of 130 degrees, set the glaze. Let it smoke until an internal temp of 140 degrees.
- Remove from the smoke and place on a wire rack with a baking pan under it. Cover loosely with aluminum foil for 25 mins in room temp.
- Slice and serve!
- Enjoy with family and friends!
This Pineapple Bourbon Glazed Ham is the perfect dish to serve for your holiday get together! The sweet and tangy glaze pairs perfectly with the salty ham, and everyone will love this delicious recipe. If you’re looking for a tasty dish that will impress your guests, then be sure to try this Pineapple Bourbon Glazed Ham.
Did you enjoy this pineapple bourbon glazed ham recipe? You’ll love my other pork recipes in the link below!
Items Used in This Recipe