I am a die hard Bengals fan and I always throw down on the BBQ during football season. My team is doing so well that I had no choice but to create a sandwich for my two favorite players, Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase. They have changed my Bengals forever and this sandwich is dedicated to them! Let’s get to it!
The Joey Franchise Sandwich With Ja’Marr Chase Touchdown Sauce
- 3 NY strip steaks
- 3 Sub buns
- ½ lb Thick cut bacon
- 2 Green bell peppers
- 2 Red bell peppers
- 1 Whole sweet onion
- 3 tbsp Mustard
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Mexican chili powder
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 Limes juiced
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
Ja’Marr Chase Touchdown Sauce
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups Whole milk
- ¾ cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Shredded jack cheese
- 1 cup Yellow American cheese
- 2 slices 3 Pepper Colby cheese
- 2 slices Yellow Vermont cheddar
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1-2 tbsp Hot sauce optional
- 2 Whole russet potatoes
- 6 cups Cold water
- 1-2 tbsp Baking soda
- Peanut oil for frying
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- -Start off by cutting your NY Strip steaks into 1” cubes and then place them in a large bowl.
- -Add all of your ingredients for the steak marinade. The ketchup, mustard, avocado oil, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, Mexican chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, cumin and lime juice. Hand mix well. Then, cover and place in the fridge for 24 hours.
- -That same day, you want to get your potatoes out and cut them down into your fries. From here, place them in a tub of cold water with baking soda. Place it in the fridge overnight.
- -The next day prep all of your veggies for sandwich, the bell peppers and onions.
- -Set your marinated steak cubes out of the fridge, and heat up your griddle.
- -Add your bacon and crisp it on the griddle. Once crisp, place to the side on a cooling rack (or other cast iron cooking surface). Then, sauté your veggies in the bacon fat. Once done, place in a bowl to the side.
- -Put a sauce pot on medium heat and melt the butter, mix in the flour and combine. Now add the cup of milk and mix well. Then, add the heavy cream and mix for a few mins. Add the jack cheese, stir in and then add American cheese, the 3 pepper Colby and Vermont cheddar. After each cheese addition stir in for a min. Add milk as needed, tablespoon at a time. Once it's melted, add the garlic powder and chili powder and stir. Set temp on low and keep warm.
- -At this time, Fry your French fries at 300 degrees for 6-7 mins and remove them. Turn the peanut oil up to 400 degrees and then refry the fries for 2-3 mins and then place on a wire rack. Now place in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- -On a ripping hot griddle top, add the steak cubes and sear for 2 mins per side of the cubes and then place to the cool zone.
- -Build your JOEY FRANCHISE SANDWICH!!!! The bun, steak, bell peppers and onions, the Ja’Marr Chase Touchdown Sauce and crispy bacon!
- -Serve with the fries and enjoy with your family and friends!
- -WHO DEY!!!!
DID YOU ENJOY THIS JOEY FRANCHISE SANDWICH? CHECK OUT MY OTHER BEEF RECIPES BELOW!
Items used in this recipe