There is nothing better than my Smoked Triple Pig Shots for appetizers for any occasion. I typically make them for all sporting events and family gatherings. Let me tell you this, they do not last long at all! All you need is some Smoked Eckridge Sausage, bacon and Italian mild sausage from the casing.
I like to call these little fellas flavor bombs, it’s a bite of flavor explosion and I have only one recommendation… That is to make a TON of them! The recipe does take a little work because the bacon can be tedious but if you cut the smoked sausage thick enough, we will get to that later, and use a toothpick you will be alright!
What do you need to make my Smoked Triple Pig Shots? Well, lets begin with the three types of pork: Smoked Sausage that is skinless, Italian mild sausage that I remove from the casing, thick cut bacon, cream cheese, jalapeños, shredded gouda cheese, hot sauce, honey, lime juice, garlic powder and some of your favorite pork rub.
Okay, I hope you are ready for your new favorite smoked appetizer!
Triple Pig Shots
- 1 pack Smoked sausages about 1” thick
- 1 pack Your favorite thick cut bacon
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 2 blocks Cream cheese softened
- 1 pack Mild Italian sausage links remove from casing) I only used 3 of the links
- 1 ½ cups Shredded gouda cheese from the block
- 1 Jalapeño diced and seeded. If you like heat, you can leave the seeds in
- 2 tbsp Hot sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Your favorite pork rub
- Juice of one lime
1. Start off by preheating your smoker for indirect grilling at 300 degrees F. You can add apple or Hickory wood for a nice smokey flavor.
2. Remove your mild Italian sausage from the casing, I used three of these links, and then place them into a medium temperature skillet. Using a wooden spoon, constantly mash up the sausage links to break them down into a finer ground. Cook until it has a nice brown color. Remove and place in a bowl.
3. In a good sized mixing bowl add your cream cheese (room temperature) and add these other ingredients: shredded Gouda cheese, diced jalapeño, cooked sausage, hot sauce, honey, pork rub and the juice of one lime. Now you will mix until it combines nicely. Place to the side.
4. Cut your smoked sausage (skinless) into one inch thick slices and then cut your whole package of bacon in half. Place the cut sausage down as a foundation and then wrap it around the sausage where it creates a creator to stuff the cream cheese mixture. At the base, run a toothpick through to hold it in place. Repeat this process until they are all done.
5. Fill each pig shot with the cream cheese stuffing, about a teaspoon or more per.
6. Place onto the smoke, you want the pig shots to be on a flat even surface so they don’t fall over while they smoke. Smoke for 30 minutes and check them, then at the 45 minute mark. The bacon should be tightened up and rendered to a crisp and the cream cheese topping should have a beautiful golden brown.
7. Remove and serve as you see fit.
8. Enjoy with family and friends.
DID YOU ENJOY THESE SMOKED TRIPLE PIG SHOTS? YOU’LL LOVE MY OTHER PORK RECIPES IN THE LINK BELOW!
Items used in this recipe