These Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast rolls are perfect for a quick and delicious breakfast or brunch.
My family does a lot of breakfast and we even enjoy it for dinner. Most of the time we make a breakfast casserole because it has all of our family’s favorite ingredients: Eggs, sausage, and cheese! My wife asked me to do a little spin so all that I did was take those same ingredients, along with some other tasty additions, and wrapped them in egg wraps. A quick three-minute fry in some hot oil and we are ready to eat.
When we do the casserole it would typically take 40 minutes in the oven, so the quick fry helps the good food get into your belly quicker. Now I am hungry again!
Let’s jump into cooking!
Cheesy Sausage Egg Breakfast Rolls
- 1 lb Ground sausage
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Pack of egg wraps
- 2 cups Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 block Cream cheese
- 1 cup Green onions
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- 1 Jalapeño diced
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- Start off by adding the sausage to a skillet over medium heat. Cook it down to the ground and brown the meat, for about 6-8 minutes. Remove and place it in a bowl. Option to make the gravy with grease in the skillet.
- In a separate skillet, add some butter, about a tablespoon, and add the eggs and continuously stir to make soft scrambled eggs. This is on a medium-low temp and it should take about 8 minutes. Remove and add to a large bowl.
- Combine all of your ingredients: Sausage, eggs, cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, jalapeño, green onions, hot sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder. Hand mix until it is nicely combined. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Get a bowl of water and place it at the egg roll station. Wet the edges of the egg rolls and add a tablespoon or two to the core. Make sure it is evenly filled and fold each side in about a half inch. This will keep your wrap sealed on the edges. Now roll the egg wrap from the bottom. Repeat until your filling is complete.
- Fry in hot oil (350 degrees F.) for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and serve. Enjoy with family and friends.