Garlic Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
Garlic herb crusted rack of lamb is a delicacy meal that is highly recommended when a lamb recipe is mentioned. This is my version of it and let me tell you, it’s mighty tasty. All the ingredients are available at your local grocery store and the total time involved is around 1 hour and 45 mins, this includes the prep and resting period before slicing and serving. The recipe mentioned calls for 2 rack of lambs and a medium rare inside. We will be strictly smoking this meal without any searing. Let’s get into the ingredients.
– 2 rack of lambs, all silver skin removed
– 2 tablespoons mustard, used as binder
– 1 teaspoon dry mustard
– 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 teaspoon fennel
– 1 tablespoon garlic salt
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 tablespoon lemon zest
1) The first step is to prep all your ingredients and have them measured out properly. Remove the thyme from the steams and get your lemon zest ready.
2) Make sure all extra fat and silver skin is trimmed from the rack of lambs and have the lamb patted dry.
3) Apply the 1 tablespoon of mustard to each rack of lamb and spread across surface area evenly. This is your binder, a binder helps the seasoning stick and when the meat starts to sweat it will absorb the flavors of the seasoning allowing the meat to penetrate deep for great flavor.
4) Now you want to season generously both rack of lambs. Front, sides and back for this smoke.
5) Have your smoker set and ready to go at 275 degrees. Place the rack of lambs backside down and let it smoke until an internal temp of 125 and then pull for a 12-15 min rest. If you are inside you can rest on a rack in room temp. If you are resting in a cooler environment then you will need to place a sheet of foil over the meat during resting.
6) After your rest, slice your lamb into chops and serve to family/friend’s, enjoy this amazing meal.