Honey Soy Marinaded Drum Legs
These Honey & Soy drum legs are one of my favorite recipes to date! The flavors complement one another and with a nice 4-hour marinade ever bite will be mouth-watering. You can also use it for any chicken bbq, which I highly recommend. The only thing I suggest is the larger size of the meat the longer you marinade to allow the marinade to have time to penetrate deeply into the meat.
– 6 drum legs
– 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
– 3 tablespoons Smoked Hickory & Honey Sea Salt
– 1 cup bbq sauce
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/4 cup soy
– 2 tablespoons Smoked Rub
– Toasted sesame seeds & scallions for garnish
1) Score your drum legs to allow the marinade to penetrate deeply within the meat.
2) Add olive oil in a mixing bowl and season with Smoked Hickory & Honey Sea Salt.
3) Combine ingredients for the marinade, pour 2/3 of it on drum legs and place in the fridge for 4 hours. Save the other 1/3 for glaze at the end.
4) Thirty prior to pulling the chicken out of the fridge begin to set up your smoker for indirect and temp of 250-275.
5) I used my drum rack (bought at Amazon) for this cook.
6) Start your smoke 30-45 mins. Keep an eye on the cook for temps and check every 5 mins after 25 min mark.
7) Prep your garnish.
8) Remove drum legs at an internal 165-170ish and plate, garnish and serve.
9) Enjoy with friends and family!