Korean BBQ Wings Recipe
I love a good spicy Korean bbq recipe. This one will have some kick but also has a sweet addition to keeping it cool and enjoyable. You can make these for any occasion. To be honest, you don’t even need a reason besides being hungry. I’ll walk you through the process with all the ingredients to have you eating good and enjoying some wings. I take it personally because chicken wings are iconic here in America and everyone has some kind of recipe they love to do. I hope you enjoy this one I put together.
– 2 dozen wings prepped and ready
SEASONING FOR WINGS
– 2 tablespoons kosher salt
– 1 tablespoon black pepper
– 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
WET SAUCE (KOREAN BBQ SAUCE)
– 1/4 cup Gochu Chong
– 3 tablespoons ketchup
– 2 tablespoon brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons soy
– 1 tablespoon mirin
– 2 tablespoons honey
– Toasted sesame seeds
– Green onions, chopped
1) Prep your wings and all of your ingredients for the cook.
2) Season your wings with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
3) Set your grill up for direct heat (450 degrees). Let your wings sit for 20ish mins before grilling.
4) Now you want to grill your wings over direct heat. You are wanting to char them and this can take 3-5 mins per side. Make sure you check frequently because your grill will have different hot zones. After you flip your wing the first time and you are going for the char on the second side make sure you place your saucepan over medium-high heat to get warm.
5) When both sides of the wings are charred nicely move them to indirect heat. Check your wing temperature and when they reach an internal of 140 begin to make your sauce.
6) Add all of your Korean BBQ Sauce ingredients and bring them to a simmer. Simmer for 6 mins until it has a nice consistency.
7) When wings hit an internal temp of 175 pull them and place them in a saucepan and sauce your wings. Transfer to a serving tray and garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
8) Serve and enjoy!