A delicious Prime Rib sandwich starts at the very beginning of the whole process, the seasoning. It’s all about building flavors, the seasoning is the first layer, the smokey mesquite wood flavor and the makeup of the sandwich. Here is my favorite combo for the perfect Prime Rib sandwich.
Prime Rib Sandwich
- 1 7 Bone prime rib 3-4 bones work just as well!
- Sourdough bread
- Blue cheese
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Mayo
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- 1 tbsp Horseradish
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp Chopped chives
- Prep your prime rib by removing any excess fat. This can be silver skin, hard fat or any unnecessary fat. Pat your prime rib dry with a paper towel.
- Now combine all of your dry rub seasonings together and mix well. Season the prime rib on all sides and ends. Don’t be shy and season generously.
- Fire up your smoker and set the temp at 250 degrees. Once your temp is set, add a few chunks of mesquite wood and get your prime rib on.
- After 1 1/2 - 2 hours add a stick of unsalted butter to a saucepan and let it melt. This will take no time at all. Baste the prime rib every twenty mins.
- When your prime rib hits 110 degrees, pull it and slice it in half (Reminder, this is for the 7 bone prime rib. If it’s a 4 bone let it go till about 125 and then pull it for searing.) and place it back on the smoker until an internal temp of 125. Once 125 hits pull it and sear all sides for 2 mins per side.
- Once you place the prime rib back on the smoker to finish off, make your horseradish sauce by adding all of the listed ingredients above. Mix and then place in the fridge until ready
- When you complete the searing of the prime rib, go ahead and let it rest for 15-20 mins. During this time cut your sourdough into slices and toast the bread directly over the charcoal. About 1 min per side.
- When your rest is complete, cut your prime rib into sections and elevate your sandwich by slicing the rib cap of the prime rib into thin strips.
- This recipe is absolutely money!
- ENJOY with family and friends!
Items Used in This Recipe
For more beef recipes check out the link below!