These Sweet Heat Bourbon Ribs are an absolute must to make. They are so good that it doesn’t even matter if it’s Monday night, these ribs will be worth making. It starts with a simple dry rub and then letting the smoke do the rest until we make the star of the show Sweet Heat Bourbon Sauce! Okay, we already know it’s absolutely money so let’s get to it!
Sweet Heat Bourbon Ribs
- 2 Racks of baby back ribs
- 2 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Dry mustard powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
Sweet Heat Bourbon Sauce
- 1 cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Bourbon
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Remove the membrane from the baby back ribs and cut off any extra hard fat and silver skin.
- In a large mixing bowl add all of your seasonings to create your dry rub. Kosher salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, mustard powder and garlic powder. Mix by hand until blended well.
- Add a tablespoon of hot sauce on each side of the ribs and rub as a binder. Season your ribs on the backside first and then flip and season generously.
- Set your smoker up at 250 degrees and place a drip pan with 2 cups of water under your grates. Add 6-8 ounces of applewood and then add the ribs bone side down.
- Smoke for 2-3 hours, spritzing with apple cider vinegar every 45 mins. Remove after 3 hours and wrap in butcher paper. Bone side up and 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter and wrap. Place back on the smoker at 250 degrees.
- After 1 hour and 30 mins make your Sweet Heat Bourbon Sauce. Get a saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil and garlic, simmer for 2 mins. Add the rest of the ingredients into the saucepan and let simmer for 10-12 mins.
- Remove the ribs from the butcher paper and sauce. Place it back on the grill for another 20 mins. This will let the glaze set. Remove and rest 15 mins.
- Slice up the ribs in portions and serve.
- Enjoy with friends and family!
Items Used in This Recipe