Our family loves salmon and we always push ourselves to make the most out of it every single time. This led to my wife asking me to make some salmon patties for dinner in the evening and I was happy to take on the challenge. Let me tell you, they came out fantastic and now they are a regular in our household. Let’s get to the recipe!
Homemade Salmon Patties
- 16 oz Fresh Salmon
Salmon Patty Mix
- Chopped salmon
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup White onion
- 2 tbsp Pickled Jalapenos
- ¼ cup Chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley
- 1 cup Finely grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Fresh Dill Sauce
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 tbsp Chopped dill
- Get a medium-sized mixing bowl and make your dill sauce. Add mayo, dijon mustard, chopped parsley, dill and lime juice. Mix well and place in the fridge until needed.
- Prepare the rest of your ingredients for your salmon patties and have them measured out.
- Place your 16 ounces of salmon on a cutting board and finely chop until it is basically minced. Now add it to a large mixing bowl. Add one egg, onion, pickled jalapeños, red bell pepper, parsley, parmesan cheese, panko and Worcestershire sauce. Hand mix for a few mins and then form 3-4 ounce patties. Place wax paper on a cutting board and place your hand-formed patties on it. Once all of the patties are formed, place them in the fridge for 30 mins. This will help the patties hold their form during cooking.
- Place a skillet over medium heat, about 350 degrees, and add 3-4 cups of cooking oil. About 1 inch in depth. Let the oil heat up.
- Fry your salmon patties until a golden crisp crust, about 2-3 mins, and then flip and repeat the same process.
- Pour the dill sauce into a dipping bowl. Portion it out according to who you are serving for dinner.
- Plate the salmon patties with the dill dipping sauce.
- Serve and enjoy with friends and family!
Items Used in This Recipe
Did you enjoy these salmon patties? You’ll love my other seafood recipes in the link below!