I haven’t made a beer battered fried chicken sandwich in a while because I have been working on this delicious creation. It is by far the tastiest fried chicken sandwich I have ever had and I want you to have the same experience for your next chicken fry! The recipe is simple and all you need is some time to make sure it all comes together exactly like the video! Let’s jump into the recipe!
Grillnations' Signature Beer Battered Fried Chicken Sandwich
- 3 Whole chicken breast butterflied
- 6 Pack of brioche buns
- Pickle Chips
- 6 slices of Colby jack cheese
Buttermilk Pickle Soak
- 3 cups Buttermilk
- 1 cup Pickle juice
- ¼ cup Hot sauce
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Chili powder
Wet Beer Batter
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Corn starch
- 1 cup Lager beer
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Cayenne
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
Wet Sauce For Basting
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Hot cooking oil
- Start off by butterflying your chicken breast. Trim them where it's needed for even cooking and the silver skin that is exposed.
- In a large mixing bowl create your buttermilk pickle soaking mixture by adding these ingredients together. Buttermilk, pickle juice, hot sauce, kosher salt, black pepper and chili powder. Make sure to whisk together and then submerge all of your chicken into the mixture. Place in the fridge for 4 hours.
- When the four hours are expired make sure to add 2 quarts of cooking oil In a skillet over medium heat and get your oil to 325 degrees for frying.
- While the oil Is heating up, in a large mixing bowl make your wet beer batter for frying. Add these ingredients, all-purpose flour, corn starch, black pepper, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder cayenne, kosher salt, beer and water. Whisk until it’s all combined in a smooth consistency.
- Dunk all of your chicken into the wet beer batter and then place it in the skillet for frying. Only fry two pieces at a time.
- Fry for 3 1/2 mins and then remove, add another batch for 3 1/2 mins and remove, place the other batch back in for another 3 mins or so and remove. Repeat this process until all of your chicken is complete.
- When your last batch of chicken is finished, have your wet basting seasoning in a bowl. It should consist of chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder and garlic powder. Add 2 tablespoons of hot cooking oil and whisk. Once it is whisked make sure to baste or coat your chicken in this mixture.
- Now add the Colby jack cheese on top of your chicken.
- Toast buns and add mayo and pickles to both the top and bottom.
- Assemble your Grillnations Signature Beer Battered Fried Chicken Sandwich!
- Enjoy with friends and family.
Items used in this recipe