Okay, I want to address this first, you do not need to have a $100 steak for this steak burrito! You can definitely do this recipe with skirt steak, flap steak, flank or sirloin. Now that that’s over with… This burrito will be on your menu a few times a month! It’s massive and full of flavor and the best part is it’s all made from scratch, well the salsas. Let’s get to the recipe!
The 100$ Steak Burrito
- 1 3.5lb wagyu tomahawk ribeye or any other (cheaper) option.
- 1 tbsp Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Pack of 12” tortillas
- 2 cups Shredded jack cheese
- 1 cup Sour cream to your preference
- 2 cups Brown rice
Roasted Corn Salsa
- 2 ears corn, removed from the Cob (roasted) removed from the Cob and roasted
- ½ cup Chopped cilantro
- 1 Whole tomato diced
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 tsp Salt
- ⅓ cup Chopped white onion
Roasted Pepper Salsa
- 2 hatch chili’s
- 2 Serrano peppers
- 6 cloves garlic
- ¾ Onion
- 4 tomatillos
- 1 Whole bunch of cilantro
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Lime juiced
- Start off by setting your grill up to roast the corn, onion, tomatillos and peppers. Once your coals are lit make sure to have all of your ingredients prepped and have a smaller cast iron on the grill heated up. Add some avocado oil and then toss your corn in, off the cob, and roast the corn. While your corn is roasting add the tomatillos, onion and hatch/Serrano peppers for grilling.
- Once the corn is finished remove it from the grill and in a medium sized mixing bowl add the roasted corn, tomato, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Mix together and place in the fridge.
- Now your veggies and peppers should be fully roasted, take them off the grill and make sure you remove the blistered skin off the peppers and the stem. You can remove the seeds, it’s optional. In a food processor add the roasted tomatillos, roasted onion, roasted peppers (both hatch and Serrano), garlic cloves, cilantro, cumin, salt and lime juice. You can also add 2 tablespoons of olive oil if needed. Place in the fridge until needed.
- While you make all the salsas, have your steak sitting out and at room temp. Pat dry with a paper towel and then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Have your smoker/grill set up for 250 degrees and toss your tomahawk ribeye on for a reverse sear. Bring it to an internal temp of 118 and remove it. Open all of the vents and bring to blazing heat for searing. Sear your steak 60-90 seconds per side and let rest for 8-10 mins.
- During resting make sure you toast your large tortillas and you have all of your ingredients at your assembly station.
- Slice the steak into smaller mini cubes and then build your burrito in this order, Brown rice, roasted corn salsa, steak, roasted pepper salsa, sour cream and cheese. Wrap the best that you can and toss on a flat hot surface to toast the burrito. Toast for 60 seconds on all sides or just top and bottom.
- Repeat until all of your steak and salsas are gone.
- Serve and enjoy with Family and Friends!
Did you enjoy this Steak burrito recipe? You should check out my other beef recipes in the link below!
Items used in This Recipe
Leave a Reply