I love wings and I love heat, the trick is to create a delicious chicken wing that will have a good balance of flavors that include the nice kick of heat from the Thai Chilies. This Thai chili chicken wings recipe is super simple and can be completed in thirty minutes if executed properly. I chose to go direct grilling with charcoal using my awesome sword skewers. Let’s jump into the recipe!
Thai Chili Wings Recipe
- 3 lbs Chicken wings (drums and flats)
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Mexican chili powder
Thai Chili Sauce
- ⅓ cup Brown sugar
- ¾ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- ⅓ cup Rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1 tbsp Lemongrass Minced
- 1 tbsp Garlic Minced
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Peanut oil
- Start off by prepping your wings by separating them into flats and drums.
- Place in a large mixing bowl and make sure they are patted dry with a paper towel.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika and Mexican chili powder. Mix and place in the fridge for 30 mins. During this time set your grill up for direct grilling by lighting your charcoal.
- Get the wings out of the fridge and place them on the sword skewers. Once the coals are lit, place the skewers over the hot coals and begin your cooking.
- Rotate the chicken wings every 1-2 minutes to build your crispy skin. Repeat this until the internal temperature is 175 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken, the drum legs.
- About 10 minutes in begin to make your sauce by placing a saucepan over medium heat and add in these ingredients, Soy sauce, Thai chili sauce, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, lemongrass, garlic, sesame oil, peanut oil and brown sugar. Whisk together and simmer for 6-8 minutes. Pull the sauce and let cool.
- Remove the wings and place them in a saucepan and add the Thai Chili Sauce you just made. Time to Sauce N Toss!
- Plate the wings and garnish with cilantro and fresh Thai Chilies.
Items Used in This Recipe