Lobster is by far my family’s favorite protein from the sea, just like ribeye is of the land! I always try to find different ways to make my lobster tails and I have heard of the butter-poached technique, so what do I do, I make haha! It was the most delicious lobster recipe I have ever had in my life… Also, my wife’s favorite meal she has ever had! Okay, I hope you are hyped because now comes the recipe!
Honey Adobo Butter Poached Lobster Tails
- 2 Jumbo Lobster Tails or 4 6 ounce tails
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Chili powder
Adobo Honey Butter Poach
- 16 oz Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 Adobo sauce from the can
- 4 cloves Minced garlic
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Start off by prepping your lobster tails. The first thing you want to do is cut down the otter shell and butterfly your lobster tails. Once they are split, crack the membrane in the back and open your lobster tails up. From here, take your chef's knife and make a small slit down your lobster meat.
- Season your lobster tails with salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Take a wooden skewer and run them through the lobster tails to keep them from curling.
- Get a cast iron skillet over low heat (about 275 degrees, preferably 250) and let it heat up for about 10 mins. At this time add your butter and 3 tablespoons of avocado oil. Let that melt and mix.
- Now add your garlic, adobo and honey. Mix together and add your lobster tails with the exposed side down. Let it cook for 10 mins and then flip them.
- Once flipped, baste the lobster with the butter every 5-7 mins. This will help cook the lobster inside of the shell.
- Repeat this process until your lobster reaches an internal temp of 145 degrees.
- Remove from the grill. Now garnish with fresh lemon juice and parsley.
- Remove the lobster from the shell and enjoy! Pro tip, you can dip the lobster meat into the cast iron that they were poached in!
Did you enjoy this butter-poached lobster tails recipe? You should check out my other beef recipes in the link below!
Items used in This Recipe
Leave a Reply