There is one thing I can guarantee and that’s these Cheeseburger Jalapeño Stuffed Poppers will be your next guilty pleasure snack! They are always a hit when I make them at any party I have and it’s my favorite one to take to a party because it is fun, easy and quick to make.
If you love Jalapeño Poppers of any kind then you will need to put this recipe on your bucket list. There are many different variations of them that people make and out of them all this one happens to be my favorite. Now, let’s get into how to make the best appetizer ever, Cheeseburger Jalapeño Poppers.
WHAT IS A JALAPEÑO POPPER?
What is a Jalapeño Popper? Well, it is quite simple to explain, they are jalapeño peppers that are hollowed out and then stuffed with a mixture of cheese, spices, a protein (typically ground beef) and they mostly are. Wrapped with a strip of bacon.
They have quickly become one of the most desired appetizers on restaurant menus and at family bbq parties. There are many different variations that range from ground beef, ground sausage, pulled pork, shredded brisket or just a simple cream cheese mixture. This is another reason they have become so popular, the variety of ways to make them are fun.
HOW TO CUT A JALAPEÑO
The most important rule to cutting jalapeños is to wear gloves! The oil from the pepper will seep into your skin and whatever you touch will be affected, so you will feel the burn. Now that the safety section is over, let’s jump into how to cut a jalapeño pepper.
- When cutting jalapeño peppers for poppers, I cut them lengthwise and try to keep them as equally proportioned as possible.
- Use a spoon and scrape out all of the seeds and membrane.
- It is that simple, remember to keep gloves on and scrape away from your face, the jalapeño juice will shoot up at you.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESEBURGER JALAPEÑO POPPERS
One of the best things about Cheeseburger Jalapeño Poppers is that they have a few simple ingredients and the steps are easy. Here are the steps:
- Cheeseburger Stuffing: The first thing I like to do is get my skillet hot and make the cheeseburger stuffing. Place the ground beef in the skillet and season with “’The Go To Blend”. Make sure to cook it until it’s browned and then place to the side in a bowl.
- Cheesy Filling: In a bowl add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jack cheese, white onion, crispy bacon, hot sauce, the cheeseburger meat, garlic paste and some more seasoning (The Go To Blend). Now mix this up until it forms a good smooth consistency. Set it to the side.
- Jalapeños: This is an obvious one and all you are going to do is slice them in half lengthwise like we discussed earlier. Once this is taken care of it is time to fill these babies up with the creamy cheesy filing. I like to use a spoon for this and try to keep them neat.
These are the steps to prep and get them to the point of cooking. Many of you might have seen different methods of them being cooked, the restaurant scene likes to deep fry them. For this, we are going to smoke them on the smoker until they are golden brown.
HOW TO SMOKE CHEESEBURGER JALAPEÑO POPPERS
A good rule of thumb is to have the smoker preheating while you are doing all of the manual labor of filling the cheeseburger jalapeño poppers. It’s pretty simple, right before you begin filling the jalapeño poppers just fire up the smoker and set it for 275 degrees F.
Once the poppers are all filled, place them on a wire rack, this makes it easy to handle so you’re not trying to grab each one to take off the grill when they are smoking hot. When the smoker reaches 275 degrees F, add some apple wood chunks and place the rack full of poppers on the smoker.
I like to let them smoke for about thirty minutes before I even open the lid for my first peek. From here, I look at the filling to see when it turns a nice golden brown color. This is how you know they’re done. Remove from the smoker and let them cool for about 10 minutes. When serving, I like to serve with my homemade special sauce.
Cheeseburger Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- The Go To Blend seasoning
- 6-8 Jalapeno Poppers
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 block softened cream cheese
- 1/2 pound crispy bacon chopped
- 1/4 white onion diced
- 1-2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 8 ounces shredded jack cheese
- 1 pound cheeseburger ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons of The Go To seasoning
Homemade Special Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- Start off by getting a cast iron skillet over medium heat and add some oil. After about 6 minutes, place the ground beef into the skillet and begin working it for 3-4 minutes. Now season with The Go To blend. Work it until it is browned and then strain from the grease. Now place in a bowl for a moment.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese, crispy bacon bits, diced white onions, hot sauce, shredded jack cheese, the cheeseburger beef we just made, garlic pate and some more The Go To seasoning. Mix by hand for a few minutes until it is a smooth creamy consistency. Place to the side for a moment.
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and veins. Now scoop the cheesy cheeseburger mixture into the jalapeño’s. Repeat this process until they are all complete and place them on a wire rack.
- Fire the smoker up to 275 degrees F and add some apple wood chunks. When the temperature hits add the cheeseburger jalapeño poppers and let them smoke for 30 minutes. Now check them, remove once they are a golden brown color.
- Make the homemade special sauce. In a mixing bowl add mayo, ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, sweet relish, Worcestershire sauce and garlic paste. Mix with a fork for a minute or so and it is done.
- When the Cheeseburger poppers are cooled, serve them with the homemade special sauce.
- These are the best appetizers for any occasion, enjoy!
Cheeseburger Jalapeño Stuffed Poppers are a guaranteed crowd-pleasing snack and a true guilty pleasure. They are consistently popular at parties due to their fun, easy, and quick preparation process. If you’re a fan of Jalapeño Poppers, this recipe is a must-try and should be on your culinary bucket list.
Jalapeño Poppers are hollowed-out jalapeño peppers stuffed with a delectable mixture of cheese, spices, and a protein such as ground beef, wrapped with a strip of bacon. They have gained significant popularity and can be found on restaurant menus and at family barbecues. The versatility of Jalapeño Poppers allows for various creative variations, including ground sausage, pulled pork, shredded brisket, or a simple cream cheese filling, making them a fun appetizer to experiment with.
When preparing cheeseburger Jalapeno Poppers, it is essential to adhere to safety precautions, such as wearing gloves to protect your skin from the pepper’s oil. To cut the peppers, slice them lengthwise and scrape out the seeds and membranes using a spoon.
These are a highly enjoyable snack, perfect for parties or any occasion. Their simple ingredients and easy steps make them an excellent choice for both novice and experienced cooks. With their smoky flavor and delectable cheesy filling, these poppers are sure to become a favorite among your friends and family.
Did you love these Cheeseburger Jalapeño Poppers ? Well then you’ll love my other beef recipes in the link below!
Items used In This Recipe