Pork loin comes from the part of the pig between the back fat and the ribs. An insanely flavorful cut of pork! This Smoked loin is the perfect recipe for any kind of gathering. Friends, family or just a work potluck, you will have everyone wondering how you made it taste so good. It’s full of flavor, juicy and very simple to make. You only need a few simple ingredients and you have yourself a great meal to feed plenty of people. Let’s get to it!
Smoked Pork Loin
- 1 Whole pork loin boneless
- 3 tbsp Coarse kosher salt
Citrus Herb Marinade
- 2-3 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp Smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
Garlic Butter for Basting
- 8 oz Unsalted butter melted
- 1 ½ tbsp Your favorite rub! Mine is here -----> https://amzn.to/3vLFIx9
- Trim your pork loin and make sure all the silver skin is gone and any extra hard fat, leave the fat cap on. Pat dry and then place on a wire rack.
- Score the fat cap in a cross-hatch technique pattern, and then season generously (all sides) with kosher salt. Combine all of your marinade ingredients into a mixing bowl with the olive oil and mix. Now place your pork loin into a large 1 gallon zip lock bag. Pour your marinade mixture in and mix until your pork loin is completely covered. Place in the fridge for 4-12 hours and let it marinade.
- Set up your grill for direct grilling, you are going to sear off the fat cap, bottom and back of the loin. Typically 1-2 mins per side but it all depends on your grill and how hot your charcoal is rolling.
- Now set your vents and add your heat deflector so your smoker is rolling at 275 degrees, I like to use lump charcoal and applewood chunks for this smoke show. Set your pork loin on and let it smoke.
- Have your melted garlic butter basting goodness ready and baste your pork loin every 15-20 mins, you can even do 30 mins if that’s what you prefer. This is going to add tremendous flavor to your loin and keep it moist for serving.
- Let it roll until an internal temp of 145 and remove from the smoker. Now let it rest 8-10 mins and slice n serve.
- ENJOY WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
Did you enjoy this smoked pork loin recipe?
Click the link below for more pork recipes!
Items Used in This Recipe
How do I keep my pork loin moist?
An easy way to keep your meat moist is while it’s resting, wrap it in foil. The foil captures the fat and juices after smoking. The juices reabsorb into the meat and create a braising effect.
What's the best temperature to cook pork loin to?
Smoked Pork loin needs to be cooked to at least an internal temperature of 145 for it to be safe for eating. Getting it to this minimum internal temperature will keep the meat moister and not taste dry.