Who else thought that Chimichurri was only for red meats? Well, I am here to tell you that you can definitely use it on Chicken… Chimichurri Chicken wings in this case. Now, what you season the chicken with prior does play a part in how tasty the outcome will be. Here I will walk you through the seasoning/marinade and Chimichurri making process, also what smoke I used for this too. Okay, let’s get to it!
Smoked Chicken Wings with Chimichurri
- 2 lbs Chicken wings
- 1 tbsp Smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cups Cilantro chopped
- 1 cup Parsley chopped
- 3-4 Garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot diced
- 1 Jalapeño minced
- ½ cup Red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Pat your wings dry and place them in a large mixing bowl. Now add all your seasonings (marinade) into a smaller mixing bowl and add a few tablespoons of olive oil, mix and create a wet marinade.
- Add the marinade to the wings and let them sit for a minimum of 1 hour or 12 hours.
- Now get your wings out and have your smoker rolling at 300 degrees, I used apple wood chunks for this smoke. I placed my chicken wings on the smoker and let them roll for about 45 mins before I checked them.
- In the 45 minute window I made my chimichurri and placed it in the fridge. You want to rough chop your Cilantro and parsley for this and then add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Use a fork to whisk together.
- Now check the wings and around 160 degrees you are going to remove them and char the wings over direct heat for 1-2 mins per side of each wing. This will give you a lovely char on the skin for a crunchy tasty bite.
- Now add all the wings in a larger mixing bowl and pour the chimichurri on the wings… SAUCE AND TOSS!
- Plate and serve, ENJOY WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
Did you like this chimichurri chicken wings recipe? Click the link below for more chicken recipes!
Items Used in This Recipe
How do I keep my chicken juicy?
An easy way to make sure that your chicken stays juicy is to brine your chicken. A simple saltwater brine will help. It also depends on the part of the chicken you’re cooking. Breasts have more fat so they will seem drier than thighs, but if you brine it, it will stay much juicier.
Do I have to use oil to fry my chicken?
Not at all! If you want to enjoy this chimichurri chicken recipe without deep frying it, you can air fry it with the same ingredients and it will be very tasty!