Pork Loin is one of those cuts of pork that can be utilized in many ways. I personally love to give them a marinade, brine or injection for maximum results. For this awesome recipe, I went with my delicious Lemon Garlic Herb marinade and braided my pork loin for a fancy presentation. Believe it or not but when you pre-cut your loin for the braid and then marinade it. It helps the pork to absorb more flavor, quicker. Let’s jump into the recipe!
Lemon Garlic Herb Braided Pork Loin
- 1 Whole pork loin, 3-5 pounds
- ¼ cup Avocado oil
- 3 Lemons juiced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3-4 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Red pepper flakes Optional for heat lovers)
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Coarse black pepper
- Start off by prepping the pork loin by removing any silver skin or excess fat. If the loin is thick make sure to cut it in half, you want the two halves to be the widest section of the pork loin. Once this is complete, section your pork loin into three even sections vertically. Start off 2” down from the thickest end and cut the loin where your blade is going the length of the loin. Do this where you have three equals parts to braid.
- Before braiding, prepare your marinade in a large mixing bowl. Add the avocado oil, dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, rosemary, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Make sure to whisk together well.
- Get a 1 gallon (or larger) zip lock bag and place your pork loin(s) in the bag and then pour the lemon garlic herb marinade into the bag and begin to zip lock airtight. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- The next day set your smoker to 250 degrees and use some apple wood for smoke. Smoke for 45 mins and check the temp. You want to remove at an internal temp of 135 degrees.
- Get a separate heat zone, another grill and fire it up for direct searing. Sear your pork loin for 60-90 seconds on each side and remove at an internal 140-142. Let rest for 6-8 mins and then slice.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
Did you enjoy this Braided pork loin recipe? You should check out my other beef recipes in the link below!
Items used in This Recipe