Everyone needs this recipe for their next hosting gathering! It’s fairly affordable and you can feed a lot of people. French Dip Sandwiches are pretty awesome and I have yet to meet anyone who hasn’t liked mine. Okay, let’s get to the recipe!
French Dip Sandwich
- 2-3 Whole loaves French bread
- 1 4 pound chuck roast
- 1 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 tbsp Your favorite beef seasoning
- 1 Whole onion
- 1 bottle Pepperoncini
- ½ bottle Mild banana peppers
- 4 cloves Smashed garlic
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 1 Lager beer
- 1 tbsp Dried basil
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 cup Mayo
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp BBQ seasoning
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- Start off by prepping your chuck roast and adding some hot sauce as a binder. Once you apply the hot sauce season your chuck roast generously and place it in the smoker. Have your smoker rolling at 250 degrees with apple wood chunks.
- Smoker for 3 hours, or until your chuck roast has a deep mahogany bark to it, then place it in a dutch oven with the following ingredients.
- Make sure to have your ingredients all prepped and add the onions with the garlic cloves in the dutch oven first. Now the chuck roast, the juice from the pepperoncini with half the pepperoncini, half the bottle of mild banana peppers, beef broth, beer, oregano and basil. Place back on the smoker and bump the temp to 275-300 degrees.
- From here check the chuck roast after two hours. You are not looking for a certain internal temperature, you want to make sure your chuck roast is probe tender. Basically, the meat probe pierces through the meat like butter (without resistance).
- At this point, you want to remove the chuck roast from the dutch oven and place it in an aluminum pan and rest for 20-30 mins. Then shred the chuck roast and place it back in the dutch oven with the juice. Simmer for an additional 20-30 mins.
- During this slice your French loaves of bread into 6” subs and cut them open, add some butter and toast the buns.
- Strain the meat and solids from the dipping juice.
- Prepare an assembly station and have your toasted buns ready, sauce with the sriracha aioli and then add as much meat as desired and pour the dipping juice in a bowl for dipping the sandwich.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
DID YOU ENJOY THIS FRENCH DIP SANDWICH RECIPE? CHECK OUT MY OTHER BEEF RECIPES BELOW!
Items Used in This Recipe