Grillnations’ Buffalo Chicken Pita is exactly what is on the menu this evening. But I would dare to say you haven’t seen it served up like this! There is spice, with an acidic balance that will leave your taste buds wondering what just happened… and why is this so good? Okay, let’s jump into this delicious recipe!
Grillnations' Buffalo Chicken Pita
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- Buffalo Ranch seasoning
- 6 pieces of Pita bread
- Kosher dill pickles
- 1 Bag of mixed quesadilla cheese
- Peanut oil
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Corn starch
- 2 cups Sparkling water
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
Buffalo Butter Honey Sauce
- 1 Whole bottle of hot sauce (2 cups)
- 1 block Unsalted butter
- ¾ cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Cayenne
Jalapeno Lime Creme
- 1 cup Mexican creme
- 1 Jalapeño
- ¼ bunch Cilantro
- ½ Lime juiced
- 1 tsp Lime zest
- Start off by adding Mexican creme in a blender with a diced jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and lime zest. Blend and then place in the fridge, if it's too thick add a bit of water to dilute it.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, get it over medium heat and then add the buffalo sauce and butter, let it melt down for a few min and whisk together. Add the honey and whisk for a min or two, now add the cayenne pepper. Let it simmer for about 5 mins and then place to the side to cool. Put it in the fridge once cooled.
- Lay some plastic wrap over your cutting board and place your chicken thighs on them, be sure to give them some space (about an inch or two). Now add another layer of plastic wrap on top of the chicken thighs.
- Now get a cast iron skillet over medium heat, I used my induction stove, and pour peanut oil in until it was half full. You want to bring the peanut oil to an internal temp of 325 degrees for frying.
- While the oil is coming up to temp, make your wet batter. In a decent size mixing bowl add the all-purpose flour, corn starch, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and smoked paprika. At this time add in your sparkling water and then whisk. You want it to be slightly runny but dense. If it is too thick add a bit more sparkling water or if it's soupy add some more corn starch.
- Once the oil is at 325, dip in one piece of chicken at a time and fry for 2 mins and flip, fry for 2 mins and flip for a final 1-minute fry. Most importantly make sure your internal temp is 165 and your breading is nice and crispy.
- Fry all of your pieces of chicken and place them on a wire rack. Have your grill fired up and toast your pita bread for 60-90 seconds per side. After the first flip, add your cheese and let it melt. Place it on your cutting board or serving tray.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the fried chicken and sauce to your preference, I personally love it to be pretty saucy.
- Assemble your Grillnation Buffalo Chicken Pita Bread in this order: Pickles, buffalo chicken and drizzle the Jalapeño Lime Creme on top.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
Items used in this recipe
Did you love my chicken pita? You’ll love my other chicken recipes, click the link below!