When I created this recipe I had no choice to name it “Grilled and Fried Absolutely Money Wings” because they are by far the tastiest wings I have ever created! Everything about this grilled and fried chicken wings recipe defines the term “Absolutely Money” and the first thing that came to mind is how I have to share it with YOU! Okay, let’s jump into the recipe!
Grilled and Fried Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs Chicken wings
- 1 lb Center cut bacon cut down the middle
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Coarse black pepper
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 1-2 tbsp Avocado oil as binder
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Bourbon
- 3 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup Water
- Start off by putting your chicken wings in a large mixing bowl and then adding some avocado oil. Hand mix and then add in your seasonings, kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. Hand mix and then place them to the side.
- Get a pound of bacon and cut the package in half. Use a half to wrap your chicken wings and then use a toothpick to hold it in place.
- Fire up your grill and set the temp at 350 degrees and then add your chicken wings.
- During this time, get a saucepan over medium heat and add these ingredients for the money sauce, Tomato sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 6-8 mins and add water if it becomes too thick.
- Remove the wings at 150 internal temperature.
- At this time get a dutch oven, or pan for frying, and heat peanut oil to a temp of 325 degrees. Add 6 wings at a time for frying, fry for 4-5 mins. Once they are all fried, place them in a sauce bowl and remove the toothpicks.
- Now add the sauce, it’s up to you how saucy you like them, and SAUCE N TOSS!
- Serve and enjoy!
Products Used in this Video
Leave a Reply