I was craving tacos and had a 5-pound chuck roast in the freezer, this is when I turned to my creative juices to create this amazing shredded beef taco. It’s ABSOLUTELY MONEY and they can challenge the famous birria tacos. Okay, let’s jump into this delicious recipe!
Shredded Beef Taco Recipe
- 1 5 pound chuck roast
- 3-4 tbsp Your favorite beef rub
- Cilantro chopped
- ½ cup Red onion
- 1 Fresh lime
- One pack of corn tortillas
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- Salt N pepper to taste
- Hot sauce, as a binder
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 8 oz Lager Beer
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves Garlic
- ½ White onion
- 1 Red tomato
- 1 Jalapeños
- Start off by getting your smoker set at 250 degrees and add some apple wood chunks for some delicious smoky flavor.
- Bring your chuck roast to room temperature and then pat dry. Apply hot sauce on your chuck roast, this is your binder. Now season generously with your favorite beef seasoning. Place the chuck roast on the smoker and now let it roll for about 2 hours. After 2 hours, spritz with some apple cider vinegar every 45 mins after.
- When the chuck roast reaches 165 remove it and place it in your pan for braising. Make sure to have these ingredients prepped and in the pan prior to this point.
- In the pan make sure you have onion, tomato, garlic, jalapeño, beef broth, beer and Worcestershire sauce. Now wrap in foil and place it back on the smoker. This is not a time to cook, from here you want to make sure your chuck roast is probe tender or shreddable. Once your chuck roast is at a shreddable point remove
- Remove all of your ingredients (the solid ingredients) and place them in a blender with a cup of the au jus from the pan. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and blend.
- Remove the chuck roast from the pan and shred. If it’s not shreddable just get a clever and chop it up really good.
- Place a cast iron griddle over direct heat, or you can fire up your griddle. Add the shredded beef to the skillet and crisp it for a min. Now add mozzarella cheese and mix it. The cheese should melt perfectly and hold the beef together. Do this for all of the meat and place it in a container with foil on top to keep it warm.
- Dunk the tortilla in the au jus and then place it on the griddle. Crisp your tortilla and then remove it to the station where you will assemble your tacos.
- Assembly of the tacos goes in this order: Beef/cheese mixture, the salsa, red onion and cilantro, drizzle lime juice on top. Build all of your tacos.
- The best part is to get a dipping bowl and fill it with your au jus /broth.
- Dunk your taco in the au jus for every bite!
- Enjoy with family and friends!
Did you enjoy these shredded beef tacos? You’ll love my other beef recipes! Click the link below!
Items Used in This Recipe