Pulled Pork Queso is the only recipe you need whenever you are having a get-together and you want them to remember the appetizer over the main meal. This recipe is one my family and friends continually harass me about because it’s so delicious! Okay, are you ready for the best Queso recipe you ever had? Let’s get to the recipe!8 pepper jack cheese
Pulled Pork Queso Dip
- 1 6-8 pound pork butt
- 4-5 tbsp Your favorite pork seasoning
Queso Dip Ingredients
- 8 oz Mild cheddar cheese
- 8 oz Pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz Oaxaca cheese
- 1 can Roasted Rotel
- 3 tbsp Cream cheese
- ½ Sweet onion chopped
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 can Sweet corn
- 1 small can Diced jalapeños
- Zest of one lime
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- Start off by prepping your pork butt by removing any extra silver skin. Pat it dry and then use hot sauce as a binder. Now season generously on all sides.
- Set your smoker to 250 degrees, using applewood chunks, and add a water pan. Now add the pork butt for smoking.
- Smoke until 165 internal, spritzing with apple cider vinegar every hour after the first 2 hours. , then remove the drip pan and add the pork butt. Cover with aluminum foil and place it back into the smoker until your pork butt is probe tender, typically around 205 internal temp. Place it in a cooler, leaving it wrapped, and rest for three hours.
- At the 2 hour mark add all of your quest ingredients in a 2 in a deep aluminum pan. Keep the smoker temp at 250 degrees and add the pan full of the queso ingredients. At the 40 min mark open the smoker and mix all of the ingredients.
- Now is time to shred your pork and then fill a 12” cast iron skillet with the shredded pork. Cover the bottom of the cast iron about 1”. Now take your mixed queso and pour it onto the pulled pork in your skillet. Smooth the queso and add cilantro for garnish.
- You can use scoops or traditional chips and enjoy!
Did you enjoy this pulled pork queso recipe? You’ll love my other pork recipes in the link below!
Items used in This Recipe