These French Dip Sliders are absolutely fantastic and will be perfect for any get together or family dinner night. It’s pretty simple but time-consuming, but well worth it! Okay, I have nothing else to say but it’s amazing! Let’s jump into the recipe.
French Onion Dip Sandwich
- 1 3 lb Chuck roast
- 4 tbsp Your favorite beef seasoning
French Dip Ingredients
- 1½ Whole medium yellow onions
- 4 Cloves of garlic minced
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Bouillon
- 2 tbsp Onion dip packet
- 1 pack Sweet rolls, or slider rolls
- 12 Slices of provolone cheese
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 Cloves of garlic minced
- Salt for garnishing
- Start off by prepping your chuck roast into 4-6 smaller cuts, this will help with braising.
- Season with your favorite beef seasoning and let sit at room temp for 30 mins.
- Light your charcoal and place your dutch oven over the active coals. Wait 10 mins and now add half of your chuck roast chunks (you don’t want to over crowd the pot) and sear the meat on both sides for a nice crust. Now sear your next batch and place on a wire rack to the side.
- While the meat is sitting on the side add your onions to the dutch oven and add a pinch of salt. Now sweet them down for about 4-6 mins and then add your garlic and let it go for an additional 4-6 mins.
- At this time add the chuck roast (all the chunks) and add the thyme, vegetable bouillon, water, beef broth and onion packet. Now mix and place the lid on top. Make sure your temp is a low medium for this step.
- Let it braise for 2-3 hours and then flip the meat. Continue to braise all the way until the chuck roast is probe tender, you want it to be shreddable.
- When the beef is shreddable place it in a foil pan and rest for 30 mins. During this time, melt some butter in a saucepan and add some garlic, mix.
- Cut your sweet rolls in half and then make a bottom layer of provolone cheese, then the shredded beef and topped with another layer of provolone cheese. Add the top buns and then coat with the garlic butter. Add salt to the top bun and place in the oven at 350 for 16-18 mins. Or until the buns are nice and toasty.
- While the sliders are in the oven strain your AuJu and place it into individual dipping saucers for serving, skim fat as well.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
DID YOU ENJOY THESE FRENCH ONION DIP SANDWICH SLIDERS? CHECK OUT MY OTHER BEEF RECIPES BELOW!
Items Used in This Recipe