Ribeye Cap Steaks are the best of the best in the business! The Ribeye Cap is also known as the spinalis and is the tastiest cut of beef you will ever have. I always butter baste mine and then compliment the steaks with a delicious smoked blue cheese mushroom sauce, that is absolutely money! Okay, enough chatting… Let’s jump into the recipe!
Butter Basted Ribeye Cap Steaks With A Smokehouse Blue Cheese Mushroom Sauce
- 3 Ribeye Cap Steaks (the spinalis)
- Salt for seasoning
- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 4-6 Springs of thyme
Smoked Blue Cheese Mushroom Sauce
- 16 oz Baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz Smokehouse blue cheese
- 1 Shallot minced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
- -Start off by prepping your Ribeye Cap Steaks and seasoning them generously with kosher salt on all sides. From here, get your charcoal grill fired up and add a cast iron skillet on top to preheat for searing. While the grill is heating up prep all of your ingredients for the butter basting and your smokehouse blue cheese sauce.
- -Once your skillet reaches 500 degrees add a few tablespoons of Avocado oil and let heat up for a few mins. From here add each of your Ribeye Cap Steaks into the hot cast-iron skillet. Sear them for 2 mins per side, 3 if they are thicker. After the flip sear for an additional min and then toss in your butter, garlic and thyme. Let it melt and begin basting. Baste your ribeye cap steaks until the internal temp reaches 125 degrees.
- -At 125 internal temp, remove the steaks and place them on a wire rack with a baking sheet under it. Now pour all of the delicious melted, herb and garlic butter all over those steaks while resting.
- -Place the cast iron back on the grill over the charcoal and add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Let it cook down for 4-6 mins and then add the shallot and garlic. Mix and let it cook for an additional 2-4 mins. At this time, or once the mushrooms are cooked down, add the heavy whipping cream and Worcestershire sauce. Let it deglaze the pan and simmer for 2-3 mins. Now add all of your blue cheese and mix until it's smooth and creamy.
- -Place your steaks on their serving platters/plates and add your Smokehouse Blue Cheese Mushroom Sauce, as much as you want, and serve.
- -Enjoy with family and friends!
Did you enjoy this Ribeye cap recipe? You’ll love my other beef recipes in the link below!
Items used in This Recipe