At least once a month we make Fajitas, sometimes chicken, steak or shrimp. My family are Fajita junkies, but they have been wanting me to add some extra flair for flavor, this is what led me to create Chili Lime Steak Fajitas! Now, they’re on demand in our house. It’s time to share the recipe, let’s jump into it!
Chili Lime Steak Fajitas
- 1 Flank steak
- Salt for seasoning
- 2 Small red bell peppers diced and seeded
- 2 Small yellow bell peppers diced and seeded
- 2 Small orange bell peppers diced and seeded
- 1 Large sweet onion
- ¼ cup Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Fresh limes for juicing
- 1-2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Balsamic glaze
- Soft flour tortillas
Chili Lime Marinade
- 3 tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 Limes juiced
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 Serrano pepper seeded
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ cup Chopped cilantro
- -Start off by drying your flank steak and then scoring the steak on each side, don’t penetrate too deep, enough to allow the marinade to be absorbed. Now salt your flank steak generously on both sides.
- -In a medium sized mixing bowl add the avocado oil, lime juice, honey, chili flakes, cumin, Serrano, honey, garlic and cilantro. Mix together with a whisk or fork.
- -In a one gallon zip lock bag or container, add the flank steak and pour your marinade in. Zip airtight and mix well. Place it in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- -The next day 1 hour prior to grilling your flank steak begin to prep your ingredients, the bell peppers and onions. Get your grill fired up for direct grilling.
- -Add a large cast-iron for your veggies and some avocado oil and then the bell peppers and onion, season with salt at this time. Sauté for 4-6 mins and then begin searing your steak. Sear for 2 mins, turn 90 degrees and then flip and repeat (remove your steak at 125 internal temp). After the first time you flip the flank steak, add honey and balsamic glaze to your veggies and toss to mix them. This will caramelize your veggies and become amazing!
- -Remove cast iron and place it on the grill at low heat to keep it warm.
- -Slice your steak after 8-10 min rest. Add the steak to the cast iron with the veggies and begin to toast your tortillas.
- -Time to assemble your fajita. Add the steak, caramelized veggies and garnish with cilantro with a drizzle of lime juice.
- -Enjoy with family and friends!
DID YOU ENJOY THIS CHILI LIME FAJITAS RECIPE? CHECK OUT MY OTHER BEEF RECIPES BELOW!
Items used in this recipe