Looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy chicken legs? Look no further than Lemon Pepper Smoked Fried Lollipop Chicken Legs! This recipe combines the best of both worlds – smoking and frying – for a dish that is sure to please.
The lemony pepper flavor gives the chicken legs a delicious boost of flavor, while the frying ensures that they are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. So why not give this recipe a try today? Your taste buds will thank you!
Now I have to ask, do you love to smoke chicken? How about fried chicken? Well, why not just combine both techniques for the most amazing chicken you will have! Lemon pepper chicken is just delicious as is but when you smoke and fry the chicken and then hit it with this sauce it becomes absolutely money! Okay, let’s get to the recipe!
Lemon Pepper Smoked and Fried Lollipop Chicken Legs
- 6 Chicken drum legs
- 1-2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Black peppercorns crushed
- 2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander
Lemon Pepper Sauce
- 4 tbsp Melted unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Black peppercorns crushed
- -Start off by prepping your drum legs and turning them into lollipops. 1 1/2” below the knuckle cut with a chef's knife and then pop the excess skin, meat and tendons over the knuckle, trim as necessary. At this point, push all of the remaining chicken down to form the lollipop.
- -In a mixing bowl, add your seasonings into the bowl and mix. Kosher salt, black peppercorns (crushed), garlic powder and coriander. Now, put your lollipops into a mixing bowl and add the avocado oil. Toss to coat the chicken lollipops. Add the seasoning and season generously.
- -In a separate bowl, add the two cups of panko and coat each drum leg generously.
- -Set your smoker up at 325 degrees with apple wood chunks. Once it reches that temp, place the lollipop chicken drum legs in the smoker. Smoker for about 45-50 mins. The internal temp should hit 150 degrees before you remove them for frying.
- -While the chicken is smoking, and 30 mins has expired, make your Lemon Pepper Sauce. In a medium saucepan, add the melted butter, lemon juice, dijon mustard, lemon zest, thyme and crushed peppercorns. Whisk together and place to the side.
- -Get a frying pan over medium heat, or 350 degrees, using peanut oil.
- -Fry each lollipop chicken drum leg separately for 3 mins per. When you finish frying them, place them on a paper towel so the oil can drain.
- -Place the lollipops in a large mixing bowl and add the lemon pepper sauce, sauce N toss.
- -Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
If you’re looking for a delicious and unique way to prepare your chicken legs, we highly recommend giving this Lemon Pepper Smoked Fried Lollipop Chicken Legs recipe a try. The combination of flavors is amazing, and your guests are sure to be impressed with this creative dish. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
Did you enjoy these Grilled Fried Chicken wings? You’ll love my other chicken recipes in the link below!
Products Used in this Recipe