Looking for a fun and delicious way to celebrate game day? Look no further than these Smoked Cream Cheese Buffalo Chicken Nachos! They’re perfect for any occasion, and best of all, they’re easy to make. So gather your friends and get ready to chow down on some seriously amazing nachos. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed!
There has been a lot of buzz about smoked cream cheese and I had to put some deep thought into it. I finally cave in and came up with an awesome recipe that is absolutely money, Buffalo Chicken Nachos! It is everything you want and perfect for any occasion.
What better time to break it in than for the big game on Sunday! Okay, let’s jump into the recipe!
Smoked Cream Cheese Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 5 Chicken thighs
- 2 8 oz black of cream cheese
- ½ cup Sour cream
- 1 pack Yellow corn tortillas
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 5 Basil leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Spanish smoked paprika
- ½ cup Cilantro
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp Mexican chili powder
- 2 tsp Dry oregano
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Lemon juiced
- ½ Yellow onion diced
- ½ cup Avacado oil
Pico De Gallo
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- ½ Red onion diced
- 1 Serrano pepper seeded
- ⅓ cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Lime juiced
- ½ Lime zested
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Franks red hot
- ½ cup Unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Distilled Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Start off by creating your marinade. In a medium-sized mixing bowl add basil, thyme, rosemary, garlic, Spanish paprika, cilantro, cumin, onion, Mexican chili powder, dry oregano, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, onion, and avocado oil. Whisk and then place to the side for a brief moment.
- Place your chicken thighs in a mixing bowl and add avocado oil and hand mix. Now add the salt and pepper, and hand toss. At this point add your marinade and mix well and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 1-2 hours prior to the beginning of the smoked cream cheese begin making your Pico De Gallo. Start by dicing your red onion, Serrano pepper, Cilantro, lime zest, and salt. Let it sit while you prep your tomatoes, be sure to core them. Now add your tomatoes and place them in the fridge until ready to use.
- Get your blocks of cream cheese and score them. Once scored season with your favorite sweet bbq rub. Set your smoker up to 225 degrees smoking. Place on the smoker and smoker for 1 1/2 hours.
- 1 hour to begin making your buffalo sauce. Place your saucepan over medium heat and add the franks red hot, butter, Worcestershire sauce, distilled vinegar, and honey. Let simmer for 6-8 minutes and then let cool.
- Add the smoked cream cheese in a food processor with the buffalo sauce and shredded cheddar cheese. Blend until it’s combined and smooth. Place on a low warm burner (keep it warm so it doesn’t clump).
- Grill your chicken, direct grilling. Grill for 4-5 mins per side, keep an eye on them so it doesn’t burn, and look for flair-ups. Remove at 165 internal temp and chop with your Clever.
- At this point cut your corn tortillas into chips. Fry them in canola oil (325 degrees) for a minute or two, until golden and crisp.
- Assemble the Smoked Cream Cheese Buffalo Nachos. Start by piling the nachos followed by the Buffalo Cream Cheese mixture, the chopped chicken, Pico De Gallo, and sour cream.
- Enjoy with family and friends!
Smoked Cream Cheese Buffalo Chicken Nachos are the perfect game day food. Not only are they easy to make, but they also taste amazing. If you’re looking for a new and exciting nacho recipe, then this is the one for you. So what are you waiting for? Try it out today!
Did you enjoy these smoked cream cheese buffalo chicken nachos? You’ll love my other chicken recipes in the link below!
Items used in This Recipe
Leave a Reply