Good chorizo Breakfast burrito is the best way to begin your weekend morning! They will fill you up and they are very simple to prepare. I make them every weekend at home, camping, or even when we take a vacation and my family can’t get enough of them.
Now the fun debate comes to play, what is the tastiest combination of breakfast items to create the best breakfast burrito? Well, the best part is, it is whatever combination you personally love and will enjoy. For us, The Chorizo Breakfast Burrito is at the top of the breakfast Burrito food chain.
To make these Chorizo Breakfast Burritos, you will need 6-8 pork chorizo links (I like to cut the out of the casing), 6 free-range eggs, Mexican cheese, quesadilla cheese, 12” burrito wraps, and fried tater tots, yes this is the secret to the texture of a delicious breakfast burrito. The next ingredient is optional, but I love to make roasted salsa. I personally make roasted salsa for 90% of my meals and we just use chips to finish them off.
Now that I have your attention, let’s jump into the recipe!
Chorizo Breakfast Burritos
- 6-8 pork chorizo links (removed from casing)
- 12" Burrito wraps
- 6 Free-range eggs
- 2 cups Shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 cups Quesadilla cheese
- 1 bag Tater tots
- 4 Tomatillos
- 4-5 cloves Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- 1 Serrano pepper
- ⅓ Red onion
- 1 Lime juiced
- Start off by firing up your griddle and getting the surface to 350 degrees. At this time, add your tomatillos (be sure they are cut in half), red onion (I like to quarter them), Jalapeño, Serrano, and garlic. Let them roast for some time, be sure to watch and flip after the first few mins. Get them super soft and then transfer to a food processor (I only used half of my jalapeño and Serrano peppers, along with removing the seeds). Ingredients added are the tomatillos, red onion, garlic, and jalapeño/Serrano peppers with lime juice. Blend for 1-2 minutes and put to the side for later.
- Remove the pork chorizo from the casing and set your griddle to 400 degrees. Along with this, get some frying oil set to 350 degrees for the tater tots. Drop the tater tots in and fry for 4 mins and remove.
- Add the chorizo to the griddle and break it down and get it flat for even cooking. After 3-4 minutes, flip/stir to crisp the other side for another 2-3 minutes. At this time make a ring of the chorizo and add the eggs. Continuously mix together for a few minutes and then add the four cheese (about 2 cups) and melt it together. Remove the chorizo and place it in a bowl with foil on top to keep warm.
- Toast the burrito wraps and time to assemble in this order, salsa, cheese, fried tater tots, chorizo, salsa, and more cheese. Wrap them tight and place the seal side down first for 2 minutes. Flip and toast the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and serve, but most importantly enjoy with friends and family!
DID YOU ENJOY THIS Chorizo Breakfast burrito recipe? YOU’LL LOVE MY OTHER PORK RECIPES IN THE LINK BELOW!
Items used in this recipe
Leave a Reply