Momma’s Meatloaf Sandwich is a hefty, saucy and cheesy delight. I know what you are thinking: a burger is best between two buns. Well, this meatloaf sandwich is wrapped in bacon and the core is a roasted poblano stuffed pepper, stuffed with what?? Jack Cheese!
The bacon fat renders down and makes every single bite juicy and tender! But, when your bite is near the end your taste buds are introduced to a little heat and gooey cheese, your mind can’t even process the goodness that just happened but out of instinct, you go for another bite!
This is exactly why it’s called Momma’s Meatloaf Sandwich, if you haven’t gotten it yet, Momma knows best!
Let’s get into this fantastic recipe!
Momma's Meatloaf Sandwich
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 1 lb Hickory bacon
- 2 tbsp Garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 cups Sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 whole White onion diced and sautéed
- 4 sliced Green onion jack cheese store bought
- ½ cup Your favorite bbq sauce this recipe has a great sauce! https://grillnationbbq.com/2022/02/08/hot-dog-burnt-ends/
- Hoagie rolls
- 1 Poblano pepper roasted, seeded and skinned
- ¼ block Monterey Jack cheese
- Start off by prepping the onion and Jalapeño by dicing them and removing the seeds from the pepper. From here, place them in a cast iron over medium heat with a tablespoon of butter and a pinch of salt. Cook them down till translucent and then place in a bowl.
- Roast your poblano pepper on the stove and then remove the seeds and veins, scrape the charred skin off. Cut your monetary jack cheese into strips and stuff a poblano pepper.
- In a medium bowl add the ground beef with the garlic pepper seasoning and the onion/jalapeños that you cooked down, with cheese. Hand mix until combined.
- In a loaf pan (spray with duck fat or cooking oil) line it with the bacon (so that you can wrap it) and then add the ground beef mixture on the bottom as a foundation, about 1/2” thickness. In the middle, press down to create an indention and place the cheese-stuffed poblano pepper in the center. Cover with the remaining beef and pack it, keep the pepper in the core during this. Now wrap the bacon strips that are hanging over the top of the beef. Be sure to make sure it is sealed. Flip the pan over and gently work the meatloaf out of the loaf pan.
- Season the loaf and place it on the smoker at 275 degrees with hickory wood chunks.
- Smoke for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Be sure to check the internal temperature with a meat probe, the temperature needs to register at 165 degrees internally.
- After the first 1 hour and 30 minutes of smoking, apply the glaze on the bacon-wrapped meatloaf. Be sure to cover the whole surface area.
- Remove and let rest for 10-15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Toast your buns and sauce with any sauce you like and add the meatloaf to your toasted hoagie roll.
- Slice and serve!
DID YOU ENJOY MOMMAS MEATLOAF SANDWICH? YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT MY OTHER BEEF RECIPES IN THE LINK BELOW!
Items used in This Recipe
Leave a Reply