Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken is the perfect recipe for any occasion! I love putting a spin on Jalapeno Poppers and the crispy bacon gives a great crunch right before you get into the creamy and cheese-stuffed jalapeños that burst with flavor! One key factor is seasoning the chicken properly and having the proper temperature for the smoking so it doesn’t end up dry.
I have made tons and tons of bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers and every combination has been phenomenal. Recently my wife and I went over to a good friend’s house for a casual BBQ and they were very excited to share this recipe with me. Of course, they didn’t tell me what it was until I laid my eyes on it and I started to take some guesses. They laughed a few times and just yelled, “take a bite already”! So I dove in and I knew right there what my next recipe was going to be.
If you find yourself being a fan of Jalapeno Poppers, then you will be adding this dish to your next bbq just like myself! I am getting hungry just thinking about the recipe, let’s get to it!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- 1 lb Boneless chicken breast
- 1 lb Original hickory bacon
- All-purpose seasoning Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Enough jalapeños per chicken roll cored and seeded
Cream Cheese Stuffing
- 2 blocks Cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp All-purpose rub
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
Hot Maple Honey Sauce
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Start off by adding cream cheese to a mixing bowl with sharp shredded cheese, cumin, all-purpose rub, chili powder, and garlic powder (cream cheese is softened). Mix with a fork until it is all nicely combined and placed to the side.
- Butterfly all of your chicken breast and then use a meat mallet to bash them down until they are all thinner and even. Apply oil as a binder and season generously with your all-purpose rub.
- Core your jalapeños and remove the seeds, now stuff them with the cream cheese mixture the best that you can.
- Apply a thick layer of the cream cheese mixture on one side of the chicken (extra bonus, you can add fried onions on top) and place the jalapeño on the chicken and roll it up. Once rolled, wrap it with bacon.
- Have your smoker fired up at 275 degrees F. Add some hickory wood chunks and place the bacon-wrapped jalapeños stuffed chicken on the smoker.
- Smoke for 45 minutes and then make your sauce. In a saucepan (place it on the smoker) add the butter, syrup, honey, garlic paste, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- At the 1 hour 20 minute mark, or 145 degrees internal, apply the glaze and let it set.
- Remove the bacon-wrapped jalapeño stuffed chicken at 165-170 degrees F (internally).
- Let rest for 8-10 minutes and serve!
- Enjoy with family and friends!
DID YOU ENJOY THESE BACON WRAPPED JALAPENO POPPERS? YOU’LL LOVE MY OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES! CLICK THE LINK BELOW!
Items Used in This Recipe
Leave a Reply