I have been craving Lobster Tails as of late, but not just any lobster, lobster tails baked in my pizza oven with a parmesan herb crust. I know you think it sounds like a lot, trust me, it’s pretty simple and the finished results are the ultimate reward. All you need is a few simple ingredients from your local grocery store and a cast-iron skillet. The pizza oven is a bonus but you can use this recipe many other ways. Broiling in the oven, using a bbq kettle or another outdoor oven can do the trick.
I know a lot of people think cheese doesn’t belong in seafood, but it really depends on the full list of ingredients before you can make that statement. All the flavors in this lobster tail recipe enhance each other for a flavorful, mouth-watering meal. Let’s dive into the recipe
Parmesan Herb Lobster Tails
- 2 Lobster tails Split
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Lemons
- 2 tbsp Butter Unsalted
Parmesan Herb Crust
- ¼ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2-3 tbsp Parsley Chopped
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 4 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter Melted
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 1 tsp Red pepper Flakes
- The first thing to do in this recipe is to fire up your pizza oven. Build a nice starter fire to get some hot coals and then add a few extra pieces of oak wood. Oakwood burns hot and is the best for this kinda cook. It will take about 1 hour to get your fire where it needs to be. You are looking for a 600 plus degree temp prior to adding the lobster tails.
- When you get your fire to the proper temp go ahead and dry your lobster tails with a paper towel and then split them into halves. Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Get a 12” cast iron skillet and cover the bottom with 1/4” sliced lemon slices. This is going to be a nice bedding for your lobster tails to sit on during the cook. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and then add your lobster tails.
- Place the cast-iron skillet in the pizza oven on the opposite side of hot coals. About 1 min and 30 seconds in you will rotate your skillet so the lobster tails cook evenly. Pull them after 3 minutes and place them on an oven mitt. Combine all your ingredients for your Parmesan Herb Crust and then cover the lobster tails generously. You can also make this prior to putting the lobster tails in the oven.
- Once the herb crust is applied, place it back into the pizza oven. The same process as before, rotate after 1 min and 30 seconds. Around the 3-4 min mark your crust should have a nice browning to it and the lobster tails are perfect.
- Now that they are removed from the pizza oven you can squeeze fresh lemon juice on top and serve.
- This recipe is fantastic and I hope you enjoy it!
Items Used In This Recipe
For more seafood recipes, click the link below!
Is lobster healthy?
Yes! Lobster has a very good amount of essential nutrients and protein! A 1 cup or 145-gram serving has 27 grams of protein and only 1.2 grams of fat!
What temperature do you cook lobster tails to?
Lobster tails should cook to an internal temperature of 140-145!
Leave a Reply