Steak and potatoes are the ultimate combo! This time we will take our potatoes up an extra notch and create a delicious mushroom cream sauce that will complement the steak and taters. This recipe will take some time just because of the preparation and cooking of the potatoes but I promise it will be worth it! Let’s get to it!
Steak and Potatoes with a Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 1 Delicious bone in ribeye
- 4-6 Russet potatoes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 2 tbsp Minced garlic
- ¼ cup Diced onions
- ½ cup Chopped baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 2-3 tbsp Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- Start off by soaking your potatoes for 1-2 hours. Remove and pat dry and then peel them (remove the skin) and slice off the top and bottom to create a smooth flat surface. From here you want to wipe with a paper towel and then cut them in half (length wise). Heat up a cast iron skillet over medium heat and then add 2 tablespoons avocado oil and sear/crisp both sides of your potatoes (top and bottom), basically forming a crust.
- Now place in an indirect grill/smoker at 275 degrees and add butter, chicken stock, salt N pepper, thyme, garlic, onion and mushrooms. Let it go for 40 mins and then flip the potatoes and stir the ingredients. When the potatoes are reading 175-180 internal temp then season your steak(s) with salt, pepper and garlic powder and place them on the direct side as well. Flip after 20 mins and then remove at 118 internal temperature.
- Let the steak rest for 10 mins and check the potatoes, they are done at 195 degrees. Once the potatoes are done remove them and cover under foil in a plate and sear your steaks off for 60-90 seconds per side. Remove and let rest for 10 mins.
- While resting add 2 tablespoons of heavy cream in the cast iron where the potatoes were and let the pan deglaze. Let simmer for 2-3 mins and then pour on your steak and potatoes after slicing and plating.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
Items used in This Recipe