Grilled Chicken Wings are hands down the best, but making my homemade Teriyaki sauce just takes this recipe to a whole new level of deliciousness! It starts with a simple seasoning mixture that’s finished off with cornstarch for that extra crisp skin. The sauce is simple and you can make these anytime of the week. Okay, let’s jump into the recipe!
Grilled Teriyaki Wings
- 2 lb chicken wings (Drums & Flats)
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Minced Ginger
- ½ cup Soy sauce
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Start off by prepping your wings, this depends if you buy them whole or separate from the butcher. Make sure you dry them with a paper towel and then place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and then toss your wings. Now season in this order: Salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, black pepper (Now you toss them) and then corn starch (Toss and mix). Place in the fridge for 20 mins and prepare your teriyaki sauce.
- Set your grill up for indirect grilling at 375 degrees and then add some mesquite wood chunks. Get the wings on the grill.
- 20 mins in flip your wings and then make your teriyaki sauce.
- Get a saucepan over medium heat and then add olive oil and garlic. Let that brown for 2-3 mins and then add the soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, sweet chili sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, mirin and sesame oil. Simmer for 6 mins and then let cool.
- Check wings and remove them at 175 degrees internal. Place the wings in a large mixing bowl and then sauce your wings.
- Plate your wings and then serve to enjoy with family and friends!
Did you enjoy this grilled teriyaki wings recipe? Click the link below for more chicken recipes!
Items Used in This Recipe