Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches are top 5 on my all-time list to make and to eat. Everything about them is satisfying and they have always stolen the show when I made them. I want to share my recipe with you so that you can have the same amazing experience. Okay, let’s jump into the recipe!
Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
- Salt to your preference
- Pepper to your preference
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese
- San Marzano marinara sauce
- Fresh basil
- 1 quart Cooking oil
- 1 roll Italian bread
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of flour
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 box Italian panko crumbs
- ½ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Start off by drying off your chicken breast with a paper towel.
- Place plastic wrap on your butcher's block and place your chicken breast down. Butterfly the chicken breast as best as you can.
- Add another section of plastic wrap to cover the chicken breast and pound it out flat. Once pounded salt and pepper each flattened chicken breast. Place to the side and begin creating your egg wash and breading.
- I like to start with a box of panko and parmesan cheese on a medium-sized baking sheet. Mix together.
- Add flour, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil and oregano into a separate medium dish for flouring your chicken.
- In the last dish, you are going to crack 4 eggs into it and add a pinch of flour. Whisk until a nice consistency.
- Add the chicken in the flour, then in the egg wash and then into the panko. Make sure the chicken is submerged and coated at each station. Do this to all of the chicken and place on a wire rack with a baking sheet in the fridge until it's time to fry.
- Get a pan over medium heat and add cooking oil. Bring to a temp of 350 degrees.
- Once the temp is 350 degrees add in one piece of chicken and fry for 5-6 mins or 165 internal temp. Remove and rest on a wire rack. Repeat this until all of your chicken is fried.
- Add the marinara to the top of the chicken, then the 2 fresh basil leaves and then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Toast your Italian bread
- You can place the chicken on a wire rack under the broiler for 6 mins or you can use a torch on the mozzarella.
- Add the chicken to the bread and enjoy!
Items used in this recipe