If you’re in the mood for some delicious chicken wings, but don’t want to hassle with frying them, then check out this chili lime version. They’re easy to make and taste fantastic! All you need is some chicken wings, olive oil, chili powder, salt, lime juice, and cilantro. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and brush the wings with olive oil. Sprinkle on the chili powder and salt, then grill for about 10 minutes per side. Once they’re cooked through, toss them with a little lime juice and cilantro and you’re good to go! Enjoy!
Chicken wings are essential in life and my wife and I make them weekly. We are also both crazy for some cilantro-lime marinated anything!!! Here is an amazing chicken wing recipe that will be your new tailgating appetizer. Okay, let’s jump into the recipe!
Chili Lime Chicken Wings
- 2 Pound of chicken wings (Drums & Flats)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tsp Coarse black pepper
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup Rough chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ cup Chopped scallions
- 3 tbsp Spanish smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp Chili powder
1. Start off by drying off by prepping your wings and getting them in a larger mixing bowl. Now prep all of your cilantro lime marinade.
2. Once all of your marinade ingredients are individually portioned add them each to your larger mixing bowl that has the wings. Now hand toss until it’s mixed well. Place in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
3. The next day, pat the wings dry with paper towels and then fire up your grill for smoking. Set your smoker at 375 degrees and then get the chicken wings on a set of skewers. This makes the cook much easier to control when flipping the wings.
4. Place the wings on the grill and return in 30 mins to check the temp. The internal temp of 160 degrees is the temp you want to remove them from the smoker. From here, remove the deflector plate and let the coals blast. Char the wings for 60 seconds per side.
5. Now remove them from the skewers and serve.
6. Enjoy with family and friends!
Products Used in this Video
Leave a Reply